Author Topic: No Man's Sky Official Megathread  (Read 104428 times)

To explain a bit more;

The game uses Sony's PSARC (PlayStation ARChive) format for game data and saves. Because the PSARC format is proprietary, you need to use Sony's own code in order to read and write to them, and hence why they have likely included libSceFios2.dll, which is the Sony Input/Output system (version 2). If they didn't include this file, they would have to rewrite their I/O code from scratch and rebuild the entire format for storing the game's data.

And even if that wasn't the case, the PS4 and the PC are both running on the x86 architecture, so the entire game is not being emulated since the code is compatible between both platforms. The only place that there might be some emulation is in the rendering system, depending on what API the PS4 requires for rendering.

Yea, it's pretty obviously not emulation. I don't know how you'd draw that conclusion from PS files in the game.

Yea, it's pretty obviously not emulation. I don't know how you'd draw that conclusion from PS files in the game.
To be fair, if you've got no understanding of how computers work and you see a bunch of files that look like they might be Playstation files, you might be tempted to think "something fishy going on here..."

i cant tell if i should be mad at myself for not even googling what that .dll was or mad at the people who were spreading false information literally everywhere
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 02:31:19 AM by Rockinboy2000 »

i cant tell if i should be mad at myself for not even googling what that .dll was or mad at the people who were spreading false information literally everywhere
I'd be mad at yourself because you became one of the people spreading false information

Any CPU produced after 2006 will have SSE4.1. You're going to be hard pressed to find people running new machines who don't have SSE4.1.

I was thinking the same, not like I'm well versed in CPU instruction sets but I can't imagine any reason a program would be developed requiring the latest hardware technology that is not commonplace.

I'd be mad at yourself because you became one of the people spreading false information
how longs my jail sentence

pro

edit: didn't notice rally's post gg
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 04:49:38 AM by Office-Pirate »

Well it turns out you can apparently play the game offline which is a total game changer for me. I might get it when the stuttering is fixed and if multiplayer is added.

lol noobs i found a planet with emeril everywhere and the sentinels dont give a fuk

i will fight any of you i have visited the most beautiful planets, just look at my screenshots

here's a sample without having to click the link

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4xgw82/pc_users_incredible_fps_fix/
Havent tested Gsync one, Will post results when I do

Went from ~50 to ~70FPS
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 09:16:45 AM by espio100 »

reminds me of the arkham knight pc port