Author Topic: No Man's Sky Official Megathread  (Read 102812 times)

Great context, dumbass.

The PC version of the game releases on the 12th. It wasn't delayed. It's been planned that way for a while now but HG haven't been able to speak on it and God forbid Sony say anything.

The PS4 version still has a staggered release starting on the 9th.
No, it got delayed, dumbass.

Steam this morning:

Steam this night:

Suuuuure looks like Steam Pre-orderers got screwed over. Guessing it's a last-minute Sony cashgrab.

The PC release was clearly stated for the 9th on Steam--it has been counting down to that date for weeks now. They just announced, "Nvm, we're gonna put it out on the 12th."

This is either Sony trying to get a temporary exclusive to cash in on the desperate fans or they are having to do last minute updates. Neither bode well.

And for the sake of argument, let's say that date--the 9th--wasn't set in stone. Even if this is the case, not announcing your release date until you are less than 3 days behind your estimate is extremely unprofessional. Lots of users will be scheduling their days around that calendar, clearing up work and any events they may have so they can play it as it comes out. They just screwed up a lot of schedules.

It's a level of unprofessionalism that really doesn't bode well for a game of this scale. If they want to be an AAA developer, they need to act like one. I'd put this games value at $30 tops from what I've seen so far.

I'm playing the game on the 9th though. :cookieMonster:

I'd put this games value at $30 tops from what I've seen so far.
Let's wait until the game actually comes out to start judging it's quality, hm?

also uh
If they want to be an AAA developer, they need to act like one.
u wot
it's like twelve dudes and they don't have a PR guy
that's Sony's job as the publisher am I wrong

but anyway enjoy your blind delusion that all devs are stuffty people and make bad games or whatever you're on about because release dates get pushed back
the game looks fine and good even pre-launch and you're just relishing in your own salt for one reason or another

also, HG's website has mentioned a worldwide PC launch of the 12th for ages. It's not their fault Steam got it wrong?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 09:26:13 PM by Skip »

Did nobody see this coming lmao? When the leak dropped everyone lost their stuff because No Man's Sky didn't turn out to be everything they were jacking themselves off over and now they're mad because it got delayed? What did you expect? I'm surprised the leak isn't much longer

no man's sky said their release date on steam was august 12th, never the 9th, not sure why steam would have it say any different, but now what it says is right

by that i mean that this page said

several days ago
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 09:42:08 PM by .:FancyPants:. »

also I had no idea you could get a DRM-free version of the game. o:

And for the sake of argument, let's say that date--the 9th--wasn't set in stone. Even if this is the case, not announcing your release date until you are less than 3 days behind your estimate is extremely unprofessional. Lots of users will be scheduling their days around that calendar, clearing up work and any events they may have so they can play it as it comes out. They just screwed up a lot of schedules.

It's a level of unprofessionalism that really doesn't bode well for a game of this scale. If they want to be an AAA developer, they need to act like one. I'd put this games value at $30 tops from what I've seen so far.

The game, which was trying to be advertised through bare-minimum details, was leaked and broadcasted on the internet. When they tried to coordinate with sites to stop leaked info from coming through, they got accused of censorship. When a game-breaking bug was discovered and they got blamed for "Too short of a game" because the game could be finished too quickly, they seemingly delayed their game.

For a small dev team, they have a really freaking ambitious task. They got dealt a stuff hand and blaming them for something that isn't their fault is really stuffty of you.

it was all sugar coated, from the footage to the trailers, everything.

we got played.

The game, which was trying to be advertised through bare-minimum details
No, they let tons of info out about the game. Nobody knew what it was about because they did a stuffty explaining themselves through advertising.

For a small dev team, they have a really freaking ambitious task. They got dealt a stuff hand and blaming them for something that isn't their fault is really stuffty of you.
I'm sorry? How is it not their fault that they allowed early footage of the game to get leaked that included a game breaking bug they should've fixed? It's not the tabloid's responsibility to censor themselves, it is your responsibility to keep that info under wraps.

You're acting like we should give them credit because they tried to pull off something ambitious and creative and failed. If that's the case, Jupiter Ascending is the best film of 2015.

Steam just sucks updating their stuff

what bothers me the most is that they said they delayed it so they could work on it more.

I dont really think 3 extra days is going to get you a lot more done on the game, come on.

it was all sugar coated, from the footage to the trailers, everything.

we got played.

Anyone that pre-orders a game deserves every bit of stuff they buy.

Learn some loving patience, wait for the game to come out, let some other suckers buy it and then see if its any good