Author Topic: No Man's Sky Official Megathread  (Read 105303 times)

Why does the game look like such stuff on my end? Are my Graphics settings not applying?

Also (I'm sure you all know this by now) the mining tool cooling system is completely broken. If you shoot the beam until it's just about the overheat, then stop  just enough for your beam to stop firing. Then the heat bar resets down to 1. There is no need to the extended cooling addons.

The mining tool does that on purpose, the laser ship weapons heat up from the last heat level.

Also make sure you're holding down the apply button for like a second I guess? Fooled me the first time.

The mining tool does that on purpose, the laser ship weapons heat up from the last heat level.

Also make sure you're holding down the apply button for like a second I guess? Fooled me the first time.

Yeah I'm aware. When I start into the game and check the settings they are automatically set to what I set them. But this looks alot worse then the screenshots. Does it look this bad for anyone else?

The ground texture looks about as low res as I'd expect it to be but it looks like you're getting some stuffty stepping problems. I'd recommend turning up your AA settings if your computer can handle it

Do or did?
once you find a space anomaly you can ask to be told about shortcuts to the center of the galaxy
then you get a guide to a black hole, thus also informing you of them
you can do this as early as the first one you get to

What do I do now?
I got like 5 red orby things from the spherical alien gods, what else is there to do?
You need them when you visit the 11th atlas and you just give them away to "birth" a new star
Cimplete waste of time.

Well, I've been enjoying myself aside from the game being awfully optimized. Seems it chugs like a train even at low settings and doesn't even look too great on high.

Either way, I'm having a good time replacing names of galaxy's and planets with versions of their original names that don't look like Russian.

Where's everyone at with inventory space? I'm currently at 37 slots, next upgrade is going to cost me a quarter million units

I started in a system that I'm 99% sure didn't even had the materials I needed to make a hyperspace drive, and nobody would sell it to me. I literally ended up buying some dude's ship just for his drive.

It's not terrible, just really boring. I mean, a 4.5 from me would be like, a 6/10 from most people. I tend to review stuff pretty harshly. Also, it depends on how it let me down or surprised me. Ghostbusters wasn't a bad movie (just really mediocre) and I almost liked it because of how much I expected it to be terrible. MMS I had high hopes for (I thought it would be really good or really bad) and when I got insanely let down playing it that might have shifted my score down. So a more accurate rep might be to raise or lower the score by 1.5 points depending on what I gave it. So NMS at 4.5 would go up to 6/10 and Ghostbusters at 6.5/10 would go down to 5/10. Probably more accurate all around.

I found a planet that was COVERED in gravitino balls, which are worth around 25k units each. I used this to get 10 million units and bought some insane ship

Zealot every planet has the materials lol. Zinc is found on a plant

Zinc is the ingot icon wich is found in these yellow-ish plants fyi.

Well there are planets covered in poison sac things that sell for 50k each and thats how I bought a 2 mil credit ship

My brother wanted this game and we pre-ordered it on ebay but before it came out the guy who sold it to us quit ebay and we're probably not gonna get a refund.