Author Topic: No Man's Sky Official Megathread  (Read 105305 times)

Well you people expect games on PC to have the highest performance then wonder why you can't play it.
what do you mean "you people"

You know it's bad when the game gets rated lower than Roller Coaster Tycoon World.

And I was tempted to get this game, good thing I didn't.

what do you mean "you people"

What do you think I mean.

There was this guy who was like "how hard could it be to make a game work on PC after all they need a PC to make a console game"

like come on guy.

I already said I'll defend the game to the death.

So No man's sky is your god and you are nothing more than a religious zealot.

How cute

Tony, if the game is totally broken and the advertising doesn't mention about it, do you think It's ethical to sell it to people in that state, yes or no?

wot why are people still responding under the old title

Blatantly lying about being able to see each other in game is also nice. I smell a lawsuit incoming.
At this point I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this was the case. They've implied that they couldn't see each-other because the servers were under heavy stress, but 3 other groups tried it and they couldn't see each-other either. The devs are so damn vague whenever they answer a simple question that you really have no idea what to expect, and I'm pretty sure that's intentional.

People say things like "They can't ever live up to the hype" but let's not sit here and act like they didn't manufacture it. They've been managing a manipulative advertising scheme run through mass hype, vague promises, and retracted ideas (multiplayer and co-op have been blinking on and off of Steam like crazy) and when they finally release people can't even figure out if the game is supposed to be multiplayer or not because nothing works and the devs won't say a single thing about it. This whole thing reeks of lies. Like that Day 1 patch--what the hell? That was clearly weeks worth of work put into updating the game and they decide to release it shortly after launch instead of just putting it out early or pushing the game back a bit? The patch that was magically supposed to fix all the day 1 issues?

And I don't think it's a damn coincidence that all the major review outlets got their copy of a game you have to play for a long period of time to get a full picture of several days later than expected. Multiple outlets are being forced to either put out positive reviews based on their first impressions or wait a bit to put out negative reviews after the hype has died down and many people have bought into this unplayable game. That's insanely deceptive.

This whole thing has been manufactured on dodged questions, misleading statements, and deliberate censorship of negative opinions. Great job, HG.

--

Sorry if I got a bit ranty, I've just been really frustrated with these devs and I'm conflicted because I really want their game to be good--which it looks like it won't be.

There was so much hype and mystery around this game, I spoiled the ending for myself (what happens when you enter the middle of the universe). It's probably not saying much, but it's a disappointment beyond all expectations.

Spoilers: The game starts a New Game+. That's it. Nothing else happens but a cutscene that shows some stars and the game starts all over from the start.

And they also love to use the excuse of being an Indie company while selling a massively overpriced game at AAA standard costs, $60.

But if they did deliberately do the things I said above, it doesn't look like it worked well for them. Check it out, they aren't even in the top 10 selling games anymore, lol.

It looks like only pre-orders got screwed over, a shame, since they can't refund.

Spoilers: The game starts a New Game+. That's it. Nothing else happens but a cutscene that shows some stars and the game starts all over from the start.

ARE YOU loving KIDDING ME

what is this loving reality

Why can't an indie dev sell stuff at 60 dollars without you people flipping stuff?

Why can't an indie dev sell stuff at 60 dollars without you people flipping stuff?
Because they're selling a broken mess of a game that doesn't run?

And they also love to use the excuse of being an Indie company while selling a massively overpriced game at AAA standard costs, $60.

But if they did deliberately do the things I said above, it doesn't look like it worked well for them. Check it out, they aren't even in the top 10 selling games anymore, lol.

It looks like only pre-orders got screwed over, a shame, since they can't refund.
Can't you refund after pre-ordering though?

You can only refund after the game comes out if you didn't pre-order more than 3 weeks before the release.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 03:42:46 PM by McZealot »