[Event] Apartment - Landlord like a boss

Author Topic: [Event] Apartment - Landlord like a boss  (Read 11938 times)

Apartment
Ever wanted to rent an apartment without giving build rights? Found out that reloading a build made they loose their rights over their own bricks? Want to handle Ownerception(tm)?

This might be for you!

All you have to do is to follow this easy event example of how to set things up the right way:
Code: [Select]
setApartment -> And -> setOwner ( 0 )Even if you own the brick, now Badspot can easily build on that brick and still own the bricks after you load the save. This event structure needs to be set for each brick the renter will build upon.

Scripters
Code: [Select]
fxDTSBrick::addApartmentOwner(%brick, %bl_id) - Adds a new owner to the brick
Known issues
It is possible to add several renters, but keep in mind that only the first one will keep the bricks when you load the save. This is a feature.
It is impossible to point to a brick with this, as that causes loading issues. It is always recommended to keep the number of baseplates to a minimum so less work has to be done.

Download (aposoc.net)

Github
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 01:33:47 AM by mctwist »

Great idea!  Also I haven't seen you for years.  Where did you go?

An addon like this has been long overdue, nice work.

Odd. In my experience I've always had to call another function slightly after onLoadPlant because events and such aren't applied until slightly after.

Great idea!  Also I haven't seen you for years.  Where did you go?
Interest in making add-ons is going hand in hand with interest in made add-ons.

An addon like this has been long overdue, nice work.
Made it years ago and could have released it earlier. Someone demanded it so I released it before someone could claim to be the author.

Odd. In my experience I've always had to call another function slightly after onLoadPlant because events and such aren't applied until slightly after.
I usualy with Blockland just go with the rule of thumb that all add-ons work differently toward the engine and will need different solutions for same problems. Makes no sense, but when did Blockland make sense?

This is a really useful add on, but i made a gated community filled with houses where the floors and walls are already built, but from what I've tested it seems that it only puts the event brick in their name.  Is there a way i could make everything on that baseplate the apartment without eventing every floorboard?

This is a really useful add on, but i made a gated community filled with houses where the floors and walls are already built, but from what I've tested it seems that it only puts the event brick in their name.  Is there a way i could make everything on that baseplate the apartment without eventing every floorboard?
Due to how the eventing system works and how Blockland loads a save, it's not possible.

I could, however, make some workaround to make it work. Like setOwnerBrick and you write the name in there. I cannot guarantee that it will work, though.

Edit: It would not work. At least not without having to go through all bricks after everything is loaded to set the owners. Your only way to fix it is to avoid doing what you're doing. This is why hacking Blockland system is difficult and will make certain things hard if not impossible. In this case, it is possible, but would make a great hit on the loading system that it's not even worth it in the long run.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 01:23:32 PM by mctwist »

Thank you, regardless I'm still going to use this because it's badass, I'll just have to redo the house is all, but then they can make their own floor and such

Thank you, regardless I'm still going to use this because it's badass, I'll just have to redo the house is all, but then they can make their own floor and such
Thank you for being so polite. Too bad I couldn't be of much help. It is always recommended to use as few baseplates as possible for each owner to avoid this kind of thing to happen. I'll update first post about this issue.

So all I have to do is event a baseplate and they can build on it?

So all I have to do is event a baseplate and they can build on it?
That's the gist of it.