Author Topic: B.F.B.B [Whackin]  (Read 8282 times)

Around a year ago, i started an experimental game, which i was certain would end in failure. A game where you battled another forum user, who was the boss. Landing the killing blow would turn you into the next boss, and this simple cycle would repeat. To my suprise, the game took off immensely, becoming quite popular. Unfortunately, due to complications and a collapse of the system, the game met it's end. But now, a year later, i intend to bring back the glory that was the early, and original Blockland Forum Boss Battles.

B.F.B.B uses the traditional turn-based combat system found in many RPGs.
There are two sides. The PLAYERS, and the BOSS.
During the Attack Cycle, post your actions down in the comments. Both players and the boss may post actions during this time and when the Attack Cycle ends, the game will be updated to display the outcomes of the actions performed. Boss actions perform first, whereas the Players actions will be performed last. This is to allow the boss more oppertunities to get moves in, due to the sheer amount of damage players can inflict.

If a player dies, they are no longer able to perform actions. However, if another player has an ability that can revive dead players, they can use it to bring a fallen player back to life, allowing them to continue performing actions. All players will be fully healed, and dead ones will automatically be revived when the current boss is killed, all debuffs will be removed from players as well.

Players level up if they are alive when the boss dies. Upon the bosses death, when that player is returned to the player team, they will also Level Up.

The turn system repeats itself until either the boss dies, or all players die.
If the boss dies, the player that struck the killing blow will become the next boss, while the current boss is then transferred to the player team to battle the next boss.
If the boss manages to kill all of the players. The game will reset.
Upon a reset, all players will have their stats returned to their basic values, and the current boss will be sent to the player team. A filler boss will then be chosen to determine the first player boss of the new game session.

Every 5th boss is a MEGABOSS, every 10th boss is an OP BOSS.
Megabosses are considerably stronger compared to normal bosses. But are still controlled by the respective player. OP Bosses are non-player bosses chosen and controlled by the OP. They are much stronger then MegaBosses, but defeating them provides great rewards.

While you are free to perform any kind of action you desire, please try to stay balanced with your actions, the boss needs a fair game too.
The system can sometimes make it difficult for certain players to become the boss. And i understand it can be annoying, but try not to get upset about it.
Please try to be patient if updates slow down, i have a life that has to be lived.
And above all else, please do not demand or try to persuade a specific outcome for your actions. I will handle all of the statistical and outcome-related work. Trying to make certain your attack will instantly kill, or never miss, will only give me reason to nullify your move entirely.

Understand that bosses can be particularly powerful due to the amount of players that can attack at one time. Do not think that bosses are mindlessly overpowered however. Each one can be bested if the proper tactic is used.

Before starting the game, i will be gathering information into a Trello Page to allow me to modify information and update player statistics as necessary. Post a comment below so that i can add you to the list of players. If you are not interested in playing, make certain that i am aware about it, specifically let me know in your comment that you do not intend to play, or i will end up adding you to the player list.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 12:36:25 AM by lord techno »

YES
WHERE ARE THE SOCCER BALLS
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 04:24:14 PM by Space1255 »

The God of Pringles demands a rematch.

ffs it took you too long

sup brah
time to forget stuff up
don't worry I wont be too OP this time

am i still swole from last time

the bird requests entry

500/500