Author Topic: Custom loading screen for your server  (Read 2786 times)

Anyone know how to add a custom loading screen that appears when players join your server?

I'm guessing it will have to run client side, but it would be great if it could run from the server for anyone to see.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 06:08:53 PM by Hawt »

Not possible without client mod since maps were removed. Too bad :(

You can, however, spoof a loading screen upon spawning in the server/finished lodaing

honestly there needs to be a mod that allows for server-made GUIs to be shared to clients (securely, of course)

something like this can be done, but the thing is everyone would need to have the mod. i feel like blockland glass would be a perfect candidate for this if they implemented the feature, although not as popular as RTB, but enough people have it

honestly there needs to be a mod that allows for server-made GUIs to be shared to clients (securely, of course)
one of the pitfalls of having an engine that lets you so readily create and run code is that it makes things like this pretty difficult to secure and moderate

the closest thing you could get is a platform like RTB or blockland glass that would let server owners put up a mod and say "hey!! please download my client mod through this trusted, quality-controlled service." when a player joins (obviously an optional thing because autonomously downloading strange files to a player's computer is not something you want to do), similarly to how minecraft does (used to do? not sure if it's still a thing) with its server texture packs, albeit the way that works is a lot less secure because you literally just put in a URL for the file you want to download

it's not great, but it's leagues better than giving server owners the ability to send foreign code to a client for them to run, and the only security measures you could put in place would be to make things so incredibly restrictive that nobody would want to use the system anyway

something like this can be done, but the thing is everyone would need to have the mod. i feel like blockland glass would be a perfect candidate for this if they implemented the feature, although not as popular as RTB, but enough people have it
I did this a few years ago, it's what Blockland Glass originally was. It's part of where I got the name from actually, it was meant to be a sort of overlay for clients, augmenting servers. Google Glass was announced a few months later ironically. I've been thinking about ways to bring this back. I've made a framework for downloading clients mods but I do want to expand upon that even moreso.

edit: link

i guess this is kinda relevant but i made a custom loading screen a long time ago because i really hated looking at that dumb gradient

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=273012.0
I could use this add-on to see how it works, but the download link is broken.

Anyone have an add-on that sets custom loading screens?