Limit of images mounted on a vehicle - is there a workaround?

Author Topic: Limit of images mounted on a vehicle - is there a workaround?  (Read 1633 times)

It seems that only mount0-mount3 work for mounting images for engine emitters onto a vehicle. Mount4 and above do not work. Is it possible to bypass this limit or force the pilot to sit in mount4?
Image:

i dont know how many images you are allowed to mount max but I know you can have a quite a few objects mounted, maybe you could try something hacky like mount bots who have an empty model with an emitter node and then mount your exhaust emitter to the bot

you'd also have to make sure that upon vehicle being destroyed or deleted the bots are removed

That might work, but it might be easier to just figure out how to mount the pilot to mount4.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 10:02:57 AM by -Paint- »

Off Topic: Will that X-Wing be released? It looks awesome
It will be released sooner if the help topics for it get on-topic replies.

It will be released sooner if the help topics for it get on-topic replies.
dude just cause he dosnt know how to answer dosnt mean to be such an ass, Honestly best idea to me sounds like what swollo said

dude just cause he dosnt know how to answer dosnt mean to be such an ass, Honestly best idea to me sounds like what swollo said
no this is a board for coding help not people asking for addons

no this is a board for coding help not people asking for addons
true, But if you want people to download your add-ons just be curtious, Considering only 1 person has asked about it, how the forget was he supposed to know if it was going to get released, However so I dont entirely derail the topic, I dont work with emitters that much, I believe this is possible though, Try making the image (Which I believe it is) have 2 pink vertical dots instead, And make it only 2 emiters mounted
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 04:53:30 PM by SuperFlaminninja³ »

That might work, but it might be easier to just figure out how to mount the pilot to mount4.
according to the torque game engine documentation, mounts 4 and above are invalid. You're stuck with only 0-3, so i suggest you use swollow's suggestion

according to the torque game engine documentation, mounts 4 and above are invalid. You're stuck with only 0-3, so i suggest you use swollow's suggestion
please post said documentation or tell me which link it is in elm's grand post

please post said documentation or tell me which link it is in elm's grand post
http://docs.garagegames.com/torque-3d/reference/classShapeBase.html#ab003698139f63c896284ac355c7aa7c2

Under mountImage: slot   Image slot to mount to (valid range is 0-3)

I forgot who or where it is explicitly said that 4 and above are invalid, but the above quote pretty much helps you assume that. You can only mount 4 images on players/vehicles, and one of said slots is already occupied (for players its an emitter node, vehicles a mountpoint for riders)

oh phanto is right I wasn't thinking about that since it was a vehicle

im going to write some code for magus tomorrow and ill post it here