Author Topic: Actual license plates  (Read 3204 times)

Can we have real license plates on vehicles (that can be changed)? Just a minor aesthetic but I will love you if you do it.

You'd have to make a vehicle model just for this. Each character on the license plate would also require 36 nodes; one for each possible character. Not really worth it.

You'd have to make a vehicle model just for this. Each character on the license plate would also require 36 nodes; one for each possible character. Not really worth it.
Or 7 for something like a 7seg display.
im certain there are ways to reduce the node count while having it still look nice

How does Teneksi do it with his taxis?

Can't this be used to have a huge amount of randomized license plates?

Well the problem is that not all cars are the same shape, so then maybe the plate fits on one car, but then is inside another car

Well the problem is that not all cars are the same shape, so then maybe the plate fits on one car, but then is inside another car
Any option you'd have to make a new car with the license plates on them, it's just a matter of how you do it.

There is still the issue of having 36 different textures for each letter or number.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 10:07:02 PM by Pah1023 »

Any option you'd have to make a new car with the license plates on them, it's just a matter of how you do it.
There is still the issue of having 36 different textures for each letter or number.
I was thinking more of the conventional Japanese style license plates (basically two sets of two numbers)
but 36 textures. Damn.

I was thinking more of the conventional Japanese style license plates (basically two sets of two numbers)
but 36 textures. Damn.
That would be 40 nodes, or 28 if you use a 7seg like display like I suggested earlier.
Though I'd personally go with the 40 if possible cause it'd look better.

could be possible to mount a bot that looks like a letter/number instead
that way it's 36 bot models, and just 4-6ish mount points

or instead of images just make them shapes?

or instead of images just make them shapes?
And again, that'd be 40 shapes.
It's not that it isn't possible, it's just what would be the most effective way of doing it.

What if we reposition the shapename of the car to the back license?
That way we can set the license plate to whatever we want with just one line of code
And you can easily see them from a distance

I don't think you can change the position of the shape name and even if you could, you'd see the text through the model(?) and it'd look kind of weird in general.

Bump. I like this request-make it work people. We have Blinkers, Better sirens, Light-flares yet- 1-manned warfare vehicles in Blockland: This can be done.
It ain't impossible yet, it requires good work.

Bump. I like this request-make it work people. We have Blinkers, Better sirens, Light-flares yet- 1-manned warfare vehicles in Blockland: This can be done.
It ain't impossible yet, it requires good work.
everything else mentioned just happens to be a lot easier and more straightforward to implement