Author Topic: Blockland unable to read decals and auth bar files  (Read 1608 times)

/title

This started happening recently, and I have no idea what could be causing it. I've tried reinstalling Blockland a few times, and it keeps happening. I feel like it's an issue with my folders, but setting both Blockland and Add-Ons to Read & Write did not fix the issue.

Noedit: I forgot to mention that as the game goes on, this issue will get worse, causing things like avatar saves buttons, the big "BLOCKLAND" on the titlescreen, the help menu, and even the screenshots folder to be unreadable and replaced with blank files. Also, pictures.

Your blockland installation is broken. I don't have a mac though so I don't know how you can fix it.

Your blockland installation is broken. I don't have a mac though so I don't know how you can fix it.
Well, stuff. I guess this means that I can really only just download a new copy from blockland.us. Thanks for helping

Is this perchance the Steam version? Then, I do have a fix.

If you have a copy of Blockland already installed (non-steam), then you're going to want to copy over everything in /Users/yourusername/Documents/Blockland (base, Add-Ons, config, saves, etc.)

Then try running the game.

I also forgot to say this, copy everything from your Blockland folder in your documents to /Users/yourname/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Blockland

Is this perchance the Steam version? Then, I do have a fix.

If you have a copy of Blockland already installed (non-steam), then you're going to want to copy over everything in /Users/yourusername/Documents/Blockland (base, Add-Ons, config, saves, etc.)

Then try running the game.

That doesn't fix the problem. It will let you play, but you'll just hit the same problem again later and the errors will make much less sense then.

Standalone or Steam?
Standalone, sorry for not mentioning it in the OP.

I'm having a similar (but not as bad) problem, but I think I have the cure.

If you have Blockland Glass or an auto-updater, try turning it off/on.
If you don't have Blockland Glass, try moving add-ons in and out of your add-ons folder and turning on the game to see if anything fixes.
If none of these work, try taking out the files that are gone, opening blockland and out, then put it back in.
If you don't have the files, that's the problem you are having. Re-install blockland (If you need/want to) and check if the default add-ons are there. If not, there may be a bug with blockland's download or you may have a virus/bug on your computer.

If none of these work, message me and I'll try to help more.

This is an engine issue, not add-on related.

I'm bumping this because my issue has somehow fixed itself. I have no idea what caused it, but for posterity, I'll post what I did following the onset of the issue.

I reinstalled my game about three times, and moved my add-ons, config, and saves folder out of Blockland to fully reset it. After this, I let it sit for about a month; I have no idea if an update was pushed out between then and now, but something happened, and now it's fixed.

I'm also going to post the advice that ultimateZAX sent me, in case spacemen of the future end up with a more advanced version of my issue.

There is a couple of difficult ways to fix this issue.

If you ever port forwarded on anything, try doing it again with the program you port forwarded. Blockland may not have gotten used to the port forwarding since it was so sudden.

If you port forwarded Blockland or did it while it was open, either do it again with it open or without.

I may come up with other solutions, but this last one has the greatest chance work.

Move all of your important/needed/wanted things (add-ons, other games, important programs etc) onto a flash drive (or multiple to organize) and completely reset your computer to where nothing is on it but what it started with. remember to make sure your files are on the flash drive(s) before you do it. I recommend either checking it on another computer or checking on the same computer after putting them on it.