Author Topic: New Skies RPG! [Rip server, crashed]  (Read 2927 times)

About
     New Skies is a reboot of my old unnamed RPG I started hosting about a year ago. The entire premise of this RPG is to explore dungeons and eventually reach the [wip] Tower of Babel, a Megadungeon divided into Blocks. The main difference between this RPG and the old one is that there is a gambling system [often referred to as Spawning] where you can either get really good loot or poor loot. Currently, this is early-on in development and I would love to hear about any bugs that need fixing.

The World
     New Skies starts off in an underground Hub [where players spawn and shop]. Hubs can be unlocked by meeting certain criteria, like beating a boss or by simply buying it. There are plans to have 13 total hubs with various dungeons associated with them.

The Underground is where every player starts, and it contains the bare minimum of what players will need to survive. With two tutorial dungeons and four normal dungeons, this Hub is designed solely for players who are new to the RPG. Its enemies are primarily Goblins and earth-themed spirits and monks.

Once players beat the subdungeon in the Boss Dungeon [Tunnel 3], they'll gain access to the Overworld. A huge upgrade from the Underground, the Overworld has a huge variety of weapons for sale and more difficult dungeons. Another upgrade is that players have access to Extra Dungeons, or dungeons unaffiliated with a Hub. From here, players will be able to buy keys to two WIP hubs, the Endless Forest Hub and the Burning Desert Hub.

The Scorching Desert HUB is currently WIP, but will be an upgrade from the Overworked with more medicine-themed items as the dungeons are planned to be brutal. Expect more updated information later today.

The Astral Plane Hub is currently heavily WIP. It has no plans other than it's gonna be an endgame Hub.

Progress

Hubs:
 Underground: ~90%
 Overworld: ~80%
     2/4 Dungeons done, still needs more buildings
 Scorching Desert: ~60%
     No dungeons done, need to modify shops still.
 Endless Forest: 0%
 Tower of Babel: 1%
     There will be many dungeons in this.
 Astral Plane: ~10%

Features:
 Criminality System: 70%, still have a few knots to iron out.
 Spawning [aka gambling] System: 60%
 Starting Kits / Classes: 90% still need to fix that bug ugh
 Guild Raids: 10%

Admin Application
Code: [Select]
In-Game Name:
Blockland ID:
Past Admin Experiences:
People who recommend you:
Reason you're applying:

Feel free to post it in the thread or PM me it. As long as it's on BLF I'll review it.

Current Admins are:
Space1255 [32645]: Host
Xotichl [i forgot]: Co-Host
Bloodage [i also forgot]: other Co-Host
Spartan101 [45277]: Admin
Biller [43126]: Admin
Cruexis [35041]: Admin
Prodigy Effects [37985]: Admin
Caden100 [9890]: Moderator

Update Log
   7/16/16: Made the server able to run 24/7
   7/17/16: Created Forum Topic
   7/18/16: Started work on another Hub. Added Schorching Desert "Dungeon," will update info later today.
   7/25/16: Thread is safe from Betel. I sigh in relief.
   7/25/16: Added Guild Submission Forums.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 10:40:37 AM by Space1255 »

Maintenance schedule:
Server will go down every Monday to add, enable and disable stuff I need / don't need for the RPG and to fix any mix-ups with the addRandomItem.

Guild Submission Form:
Code: [Select]
Guild Name:
Owner Name + ID:
Time Played:
Overall EXP Level [Minimum needed is 20]:
Other players willing to join it [need at least two others]:
Reason you want a guild:

The maximum amount of player-made guilds I'll allow at a time [because for now it's slayer team-based] is 10.

Guild List:
Public Guilds:
 - Bushido Knights [Technically owned by Space1255]
Player-Made Guilds:
 - Available
 - Available
 - Available
 - Available
 - Available
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 07:29:05 PM by Space1255 »

im at the loading screen right now looks good though

im at the loading screen right now looks good though
Thanks. Put a lot of zero seconds into making it (edit: assuming you mean the loading screen, I'm actually putting in a stuffton of effort into the actual project)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 02:12:51 PM by Space1255 »

Updates, updates, updates!

The most noteworthy update [imo] is Guild Submission! You can submit a guild form to me via Forum PM [or other ways of communicating] and I'll see if I can find time for you to work on your guild. The first guild, a public one [technically owned by me i suppose] is the Bushido Knights. It's WIP but it will have a few neat features for it, including its own personal Spawning [gambling] room.

Full Album [with updated building and interiors]

Another thing I'm implementing is Mining and Smithing / Crafting. Yo are able to mine ore in various mines to make stronger materials and/or make better weapons for [generally] cheaper. Really just to get the incentive to try and get to other Hubs and to prevent them from being a hot mess, each blacksmith will have a different set of crafting lists / recipes.

I've also fixed some small stuff, buffed/nerfed some enemies [I nerved the Dungeon 3 Underground boss to hell] and added more shops n dungeons. Armor is now buyable too.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 08:58:51 PM by Space1255 »

Ah, a Dungeon-based RPG. Hopefully, this won't be a grindfest.

Ah, a Dungeon-based RPG. Hopefully, this won't be a grindfest.
I try my best to not make it a grind fest. If it seems to grindy, let me know, I'll make some dungeons easier.

WHERE IS THE TREASURE???

iirc inside the bank vault all the guards drop a 1:1 ratio of health to gold, but I'll add some lootable chests later on. Should've temporarily named it "Gold Dungeon" for the time being.

And I says Bada-Bing bada-bump

You don't have to bump your thread everyday. You should just bump your thread if there are no replies for 3 days straight.

Well given that Xx_Death_xX's thread spam(?) knocked it off to the second page I thought I'd bring it back, but I'll keep that in mind for e future.

Preview of a few ritual things that i've been working on:

some of them will be used to get items, some of them to unlock some stuff, and others to access certain dungeons

Aaaaand it crashed before I could save. forget.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 10:40:56 AM by Space1255 »