Author Topic: Leap Playertype  (Read 1074 times)

Basically a playertype that leaps when you right click if you're on the ground, with limited leap stamina.

Or if someone could explain how I could do it myself.

Package armor::onTrigger(%data, %player, %slot, %bool).
Check if they have the right player datablock.
Check if %slot == 4 && %bool.
Check if they have enough energy.
Do a small box search under the player to check if they're on the ground or a brick.
Add velocity.
Subtract energy.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 07:48:49 PM by jes00 »

I've been trying to make it for like a half an hour now and I cant get it to work. Lol I suck at scripting.

Post your code.
I already deleted it to start over, this frustrates me, I'm pretty sure I'm just going to give up on it..

Ok. I'll just make it.
How much do you want the max energy to be and how much should you need to leap jump?
How much velocity should leaping add?
Should there be a timeout?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 07:50:25 PM by jes00 »

Ok. I'll just make it.
How much do you want the max energy to be and how much should you need to leap jump?
How much velocity should leaping add?
Should there be a timeout?
Oh really? You're awesome!
Max energy I figure should be enough to do 2 leaps with a slow/med regen speed.
If you've ever played the zapt gamemode, basically what I was hoping for is the hunter zombies leap so I would say probably 20 velocity wherever the player's aim is.
timeout I would say 5 seconds to prevent them from double jumping in air.
I really appreciate it. I'll keep researching how to do these things on my own so I don't have to ask for help in the future.

Idk if you don't want to do it that's fine I can always try to use something else.

HERE you go. Test it out and see how you like it. Tell me if you want any changes made.