Author Topic: Really disappointing moments in games  (Read 7912 times)

Lego Universe being shut down.
The only sad thing about this is that kids won't shut the forget up about it.

APB Reloaded's Joker Box event. I got some premo, but not a single perma-weapon or car. Absolute dingbats.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution decided to pull an EVANGELION-style ending. forget stock photography and narration.

F.E.A.R. 3 as a game. F.E.A.R. was literally perfect from beginning to end, its expansions followed suit, the second game and its DLC were fantastic, and then #3 just forgeted it all up after all the hype the built.

Halo 4's multiplayer armour choices. All the hype for the super beautiful graphics, and then you see what looks like gay ninjas compared to the giant, artistic tanks of the previous games.

The vanilla Mass Effect 3 endings. I couldn't give less of a stuff what the writer thinks is "artistic"; I dedicated 3 games of time to my Shepard and completing every bloody side-quest; I believe I'm entitled to a happy ending.

Need for Speed: The Run. They managed to bring back EA Black Box from the brink to give them one last project to Self Delete on.

zero time dilemma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfOsjVT8mlU
I quite enjoyed the fragmented story and how everything was connected to the other two games, albeit now in retrospect there a few big ding dangs that don't work, but Zero was somewhat of an upset, the ending is just alright, and overall the 3D models and animations were subpar. Then again, the game wouldn't have been possible without fan support so I understand they had to cut some corners due to budget. I enjoyed it but I know it isn't as strong as the other two (also I played it Japanese so...)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 12:14:15 AM by Flamecannon »

2/8 wizard

to a goddamn goblin rogue

APB Reloaded's Joker Box event. I got some premo, but not a single perma-weapon or car. Absolute dingbats.

APB Reloaded was probably the most disappointing moment

The game had stuffloads of potential, could've had quite the unique mmo experience, but nope...

almost getting a moab in mw3, but the last dude has last stand.

almost getting a moab in mw3, but the last dude has last stand.
speaking of mw3, that game was stuff

The only sad thing about this is that kids won't shut the forget up about it.
we get it your "mature" lego game isnt happening and youre upset

we get it your "mature" lego game isnt happening and youre upset
That has nothing to do with it.

Day in, day out, children all over any LEGO community are constantly talking about the game that doesn't even loving exist any more. They build stuffty remakes in Unity, they spam unrelated forums and YouTube comments about it, and I'm getting really tired of hearing "#LU2k16" rumours which have no loving basis.

Was a good game at the time? Probably. But it's not running any more, so unless you've got something to contribute about the LUNI project, shut the forget up.

when i played dwarf fortress in adventurer mode, I've managed to find a loving legendary hammer dwarf with ADMANATINE ARMOR, which is DF's equivalent to diamond armor.
I managed to kill him even though i was a weak af elf with a whip to the neck which sent his head flying in an arc. i then stole all of his stuff and got raped by bogeymen shortly after.

Fable 2's end boss fight
U just loving open a box and shoot him once and he dies.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution's ending. You just loving push a button and listen to Jensen refusing to shut up while stock footage plays

Fallout: New Vegas not having an option to play after the game ends unless you mod the stuff out of it. No Broken Steel-ish DLC for NV that lets you explore what happens after the ending, either.

GTA V being one step forward, two steps back in terms of game mechanics in certain areas

SWAT 4's friendly AI was a huge disappointment. I've seen them get shot several times and survive, only to continue going on their merry way, ignoring the suspect from behind that just shot them, until they catch a bullet to the back of their thick skulls. I've seen them rush into a room and all get mowed down in under a minute by a suspect who's actively spraying and praying at them because the friendly AI is too gun-shy and refuses to open fire until it's too late. I've seen them suddenly turn competent and gun me down(Killing friendlies will make them take revenge on you) because they ran into my line of fire and accidentally took a bullet for the suspects. SWAT 4 also doesn't have AI in coop like SWAT 3 does, meaning that all those unused slots go to waste rather than being auto-filled with bots.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 01:00:39 AM by tber123 »

I'm curious about what you felt was worse about gta 5 and gta 4. It felt like a completely superior game to me

I Would say Hotline Miami 2 Hard Mode Ending, but really, It's my fault for not listening to Richard at the Table Sequence

I'm curious about what you felt was worse about gta 5 and gta 4. It felt like a completely superior game to me

This is a bit nitpicky honestly and this is probably going to invite a stuffton of "Git Gud friend" comments(People noticing the same thing about AI Accuracy or the cops on both the GTA Forums and GameFAQs always get those kinds of comments) but here's what I can remember off the top of my head:

Pedestrians and cops alike all being hair-trigger starfishs that call the cops or fight you(Pedestrians) or randomly chase after you because you had the indecency to stand near them for a few seconds(Cops). There's mods to fix that, but still.

Worse ragdoll physics than IV and the inability to shoot guns out of hands without mods. I don't ever recall pedestrians stumbling around and clutching at their wounds when I shot them a single time, only the pedestrians collapsing every single time before getting up and running away at full speed. Thankfully, there's a pair of mods called Disarm and Bullet Impact Euphoria or something to restore that feature from IV.

Pedestrians feel like they're made of toilet paper and die too easily. It seems that fistfights only last a few seconds before the pedestrians drop to the floor dead(As opposed to IV, where it took more than a few punches and they drop to the floor incapacitated but barely alive, and writhe around on the floor). In IV, Pedestrians could writhe around on the floor in agony occasionally when they got shot/beaten/stabbed/etc for a long period of time before finally expiring, while in V they just writhe around for maybe half a second before ragdolling. Again, mods exist to fix that.

Paramedics in V are useless as stuff and can't even revive someone that took one too many paper cuts, but unlike IV the firefighters in V actually try to do their jobs.

AI accuracy in V compared to IV. I don't recall GTA IV's AI blindfiring at me across the map with perfect accuracy, or sniping me out of a helicopter/plane with their pistols.

The cops in V are apparently Robocop in disguise along with a dose of psychic powers, and the wanted system is a letdown. You can't even get away with murder in the middle of nowhere without the cops being alerted, and the cops occasionally feel like they can see through walls. Hiding somewhere does work, but the cops can occasionally and "coincidentally" happen to stumble upon you. IV probably had this too with the psychic cops, but at least IV didn't have police choppers spawning in your face, and at least IV let you get away with murdering more than two people before the cops got automatically alerted. Cops in V chase you for maybe 5 seconds at one star before giving up and shooting you in the back, while cops in IV would chase you at one star for quite a while before giving up and shooting you in the back. GTA IV's wanted level had more slightly interesting progression of Law Enforcement in a police chase, with Cops > NOOSE > The FIB. GTA V, meanwhile, is just Cops > More Cops and a helicopter> NOOSE > More NOOSE > Even more NOOSE. There is a mod that has the Army at five stars, though.

Rubberband AI in V. Somehow, a clunky SUV or a police car can activate invisible rocket thrusters and catch up to the fastest car in the game before ramming it off the road.

It's true that mods exist to fix most of the problems that I stated, but the features in the mods should have been in the base game by default, and you can't exactly take those mods into Online.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 09:42:05 AM by tber123 »