Author Topic: TopGear Studio! (Not really image heavy).  (Read 2179 times)

I have been working on this for about 2-3 days now. I know it's probably not the best someone could do but it is the best I could do. I hope you guys like it, now for the screenies!

Tell me what you guys think on a scale of x/10. (I'd probably give it a 6.5/10 personally).

« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 02:20:24 PM by DodgeViperAcr16 »

so..... I take it you like cars?

the last picture looks dangerous for anyone sitting beneath the car, lol. otherwise it seems really open, even for showcasing cars. maybe you could place more vehicles around and try to make those velvety red rope barrier things rather than using the fence in the third picture. actually, it's probably not a good idea to add a lot of cars so just condensing the studio would make it more appealing imo. I rate 4/10

also,

how could u

Thank you all for the ratings.
the last picture looks dangerous for anyone sitting beneath the car, lol. otherwise it seems really open, even for showcasing cars. maybe you could place more vehicles around and try to make those velvety red rope barrier things rather than using the fence in the third picture. actually, it's probably not a good idea to add a lot of cars so just condensing the studio would make it more appealing imo. I rate 4/10

also,

how could u

I thought it might be pretty cool to have the car under the player, so lets say Night_Hawk used this map. Then the whole studio could be filled with his cars, and the car on top would be the sort of "Holy Grail" I guess.

Honestly, I was hoping that it would be possible to get enough people on a server with this map on so that the studio wouldn't look so empty, though I made it that big so that showcasing cars wouldn't be and issue. I may try to make a smaller version later. Idk.

Also about that black bit, I thought it would help with amplifying the light strength.

It's not bad to be honest, i like what you did with the slanted car.

It just needs some, detail. Builds with flat surfaces lack any depth essentially. Trying "bringing out" the walls if that makes any sense.

It's not bad to be honest, i like what you did with the slanted car.

It just needs some, detail. Builds with flat surfaces lack any depth essentially. Trying "bringing out" the walls if that makes any sense.

What I did with the slanted car isn't original by any stretch of the word lol

I totally agree with you, it does need more detail. The thing is, the TG Studio really doesn't have many props, the car on the roof is something they don't have (for obvious reasons).

I'd love to bring out the walls but I just don't know how I'd go about doing so. The studio irl doesn't really have much depth to it, so I'm really clueless about what a good way of bringing out the walls would be. I would also like suggestions for details you (and others) think I should add.

I brought up the paintcan because you gave it an unorthodox, heretical, sacrilegious keybind. but yeah I thought that the black was fine, though some other dark colors would be helpful for variety

You could try and replicate the checker pattern for the top of the walls and use slanted pole bricks in between 1x5 normal bricks. That should give it some depth.
Also you could also try replicating the lights used in the studio, on the picture, top right corner.

You should try replacing the Supra with some sort of truck. I personally think this is an okay start. Try to spruce up the build a bit and add stuff like the Cool Wall (whatever the hell happened to that).

TONIGHT... on topgear

JAMES MAY PLACES A BRICk

HAMMOND LOADS A BUILD

AND I SPEND 10 YEARS LOADING ADDONS

You could try and replicate the checker pattern for the top of the walls and use slanted pole bricks in between 1x5 normal bricks. That should give it some depth.
Also you could also try replicating the lights used in the studio, on the picture, top right corner.

I'm going to go try this today. Though I'm not fully sure what you mean about the slanted pole bricks in between the 1x5 normal bricks.