Author Topic: Slayer Gamemode will not Show Up  (Read 4256 times)

Why is your X on the other side, is there an option to move it around or are you using some UI changer, because if you are that's probably the problem.
If I am correct Macs game UI has the buttons on the left side of the screen like shown in the picture.

Chill out people. It's the default minigame GUI.

If I am correct Macs game UI has the buttons on the left side of the screen like shown in the picture.
I'm on a Mac. Some of X's are on the left and some are on the right. I depends on the profile used for the GuiWindowCtrl.

As for the freezing. I don't know. There's no problems in the console. You even quit Blockland normally. Trying using trace(1); before or while freezing.

Chill out people. It's the default minigame GUI.
I'm on a Mac. Some of X's are on the left and some are on the right. I depends on the profile used for the GuiWindowCtrl.

As for the freezing. I don't know. There's no problems in the console. You even quit Blockland normally. Trying using trace(1); before or while freezing.

When I freeze, I'm unable to do anything, except move my house off the screen and try to get to Force Quit and close Blockland through that. I can't open the Console with ~

Someone get Greek2Me he can help with the Slayer issue

The problem is that the Slayer client you have for some reason has a syntax error. Re-download Slayer from here: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=256245.0
he already tried this
Try redownloading Slayer from here:
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=256245.0#post_downloads

try moving your add-ons folder somewhere outside of the blockland directory. Run blockland once to get a fresh add-ons folder, and then add in just slayer. My guess is that a client add-on is messing with slayer. If that is the case, then you can start adding add-ons back in to determine which one it is.

he already tried this
try moving your add-ons folder somewhere outside of the blockland directory. Run blockland once to get a fresh add-ons folder, and then add in just slayer. My guess is that a client add-on is messing with slayer. If that is the case, then you can start adding add-ons back in to determine which one it is.

Again, nothing happened. It's weird though, because when I installed it, It automatically enabled Gamemode_Slayer for me in the Custom Gamemode. I tried disabling it, then re-enabling it, but still, nothing. When I downloaded the other addons, I had to manually enable them, rather then them being already enabled.

Again, nothing happened.
That's really strange. I don't know how anything else can be effecting this other than add-ons.

It can't be the slayer addon, as you downloaded the latest, and I checked that on my own Blockland and it worked fine.
It can't be other add-ons as you tried running slayer on its own with a fresh addons folder.

Can you upload your gamemode_slayer.zip file as my only guess is that it's getting corrupted and causing the syntax errors

That's really strange. I don't know how anything else can be effecting this other than add-ons.

It can't be the slayer addon, as you downloaded the latest, and I checked that on my own Blockland and it worked fine.
It can't be other add-ons as you tried running slayer on its own with a fresh addons folder.

Can you upload your gamemode_slayer.zip file as my only guess is that it's getting corrupted and causing the syntax errors

It won't let me upload my files as it "took to long" or is too big :/

Use a hosting site, like mediafire or MEGA

Here: https://www.mediafire.com/?zn41ld6iuf29r2s

Here: https://www.mediafire.com/?zn41ld6iuf29r2s
that seems to be fine. for some reason there was a folder in the zip folder leading to all of the files, but I'm just gonna assume that's something to do with OS X.

can you upload a console.log one more time of you starting a game running gamemode_slayer as your last two are missing it.

that seems to be fine. for some reason there was a folder in the zip folder leading to all of the files, but I'm just gonna assume that's something to do with OS X.

can you upload a console.log one more time of you starting a game running gamemode_slayer as your last two are missing it.

I loaded Slayer both the game mode itself, and on Custom (And yes the folder in the zip folder is a OS X thing, since to access the insides of a .zip folder, you double click it, and a folder appears with the same name but without .zip):

I loaded Slayer both the game mode itself, and on Custom (And yes the folder in the zip folder is a OS X thing, since to access the insides of a .zip folder, you double click it, and a folder appears with the same name but without .zip):
again you're getting this error
Code: [Select]
Client checking Add-On: Gamemode_Slayer
Loading Add-On: Gamemode_Slayer (CRC:-1009652638)
exec: invalid script file Add-Ons/Gamemode_Slayer/server/support/Support_ObjectTransf#1EBA3B5.cs.
ADD-ON "Gamemode_Slayer" CONTAINS SYNTAX ERRORS
which sounds like something is messed up with the file.
I'm also noticing this:
Code: [Select]
Checking Add-On Gamemode_Slayer/Gamemode_Slayer
    nested add-on - will not execute
I'm pretty sure this is the problem as I do not get the same error when I start a game. Try fixing the file manually, move all of the contents from the folder inside to the actual zip file, then delete the folder. I don't actually know how the add-on is getting executed in the first place..

I'm pretty sure this is the problem as I do not get the same error when I start a game. Try fixing the file manually, move all of the contents from the folder inside to the actual zip file, then delete the folder. I don't actually know how the add-on is getting executed in the first place..

Everything inside the folder is already in the .zip folder

But when I just put in the .zip file of Gamemode_Slayer, this happens:

It says that it's missing....