Author Topic: Broken/Glitched Skis? [Working Fix]  (Read 1087 times)

Hello.
For a long time, I had been struggling with a strange bug involving the Skis item, specifically when dismounting or standing up from a tumble.

Basically, when you would exit the skis, or stand up from a non-ski tumble, your character would just pop into the middle of nowhere with no hopes of coming back.
I've looked around like crazy and I only found a few posts about it, with no solution available. Well, I have a solution! Hopefully if you have this problem it had the same cause, and you can fix it.

For some reason, it turns out that the SpeedKart Gamemode breaks the Skis and Tumble function. Due to this, dismounting skis will cause your player to be warped to (0, 0, -1000).

To fix this, all you have to do is disable GameMode_SpeedKart in the add-ons list when starting a Custom game.

You don't have to delete the gamemode from your Add-Ons folder, just disable it before starting a game.

If you don't have Gamemode_SpeedKart or already have it disabled, you can check if it's another add-on causing the problem by starting up the default Freebuild gamemode, which won't load any third-party add-ons. If the skis are even broken in Freebuild, I don't know how to help you. If they aren't, you'll have to use trial and error to find the incompatible add-on. Sorry! I hope this fix applies to you.

Well that sucks, doesn't it? Now I can't use SpeedKarts in my freebuild!
Luckily, there is an add-on for the SpeedKarts standalone. It also includes a neat hover speedkart. Download below. vvv

SpeedKart, by Felipe1020, Teneksi, and Reinforcements.

http://orbs.daprogs.com/rtb/forum.returntoblockland.com/dlm/viewFile9d9e.html?id=4085
It doesn't interfere with the function of the skis or tumble.

you shouldn't have any gamemode addon enabled during gameplay aside from some exceptions like slayer. most of them aren't intended for use in the Custom gamemode.

The only reason I had SpeedKart enabled was because it would let me use the SpeedKarts as vehicles. I'm sure there are other people in the same situation, so hopefully their problems will be solved.