I am looking for good 4k monitors

Author Topic: I am looking for good 4k monitors  (Read 954 times)

what games are you trying to run at 4k?

what games are you trying to run at 4k?
Not many, and as I said, I don't necessarily have to be playing at 4k, 1440p and all that is fine, but mainly blockland.

that's a waste of money, then. It's like getting a 144hz monitor not playing competitive games.

i would tell you to get an lg ultrawide that's 1440p but it's a hundred pounds over your budget

but imo they are worth it

i doubt that even blockland would be playable on ur garbage tier GPU at a 4k resolution

Blockland doesn't even run correctly at 4K resolution. The HUD doesn't scale up correctly.

"supports 4k" means the device is capable of outputting a video signal at a max resolutyion of 3840x2160 or higher
that doesn't mean it can render 3d video at the resolution

so "supports 4k' in this case means it'll run microsoft word at 4k

intel graphics aren't even made to ruin 1080p
forget, even current gen consoles, which are made to play games, struggle to run 1080p. Most games are 720p 60 fps or 1080p 30fps

then bumping up to 4k means you have 4 times as many pixels to render, so expect your FPS to drop down to a third or even a quarter of what it was.

That all being said, 4k will still be fantastic for non-gaming related things. (I love my 1440p monitor for photo editing, gaming on it was honestly an afterthought)