Author Topic: Tribute to Daveman  (Read 916 times)

this sign is dedicated to Daveman, who's not only the kindest person you'll meet, but also one of my favorite Blocklanders. shown here is his well-known greeting that he uses to welcome all players that join his server. I'd also like to mention that the build shares some resemblance to a more familiar sign built by Conan (probably a really nice guy too). though I built the sign itself by scratch, I did copy brick for brick Conan's spotlights shown in front of the words.

(updated)

I'm not very good at building, though I hope that the thought counts.
now I gotta figure out how to make a large-scale Toshiba Gay for Mac Workin
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 05:55:15 PM by MikkelDude »

I think the most impressive part is keeping the same consistency between letters, I know how much of a bitch that can be to keep.

That W needs to move so very slightly to the right tho

i like that the green is transparent, it makes it look like it's glowing

I think the most impressive part is keeping the same consistency between letters, I know how much of a bitch that can be to keep.

That W needs to move so very slightly to the right tho

I originally wanted to make the sign in Impact font, yet I kinda developed a different style after using the W to make an A, the S to make the U and O, and the P to make the D. I am not too proud of that W, but I see how the angles of the W and A makes the W look farther apart. also I just noticed that I forgot a brick on the underside of the A.

i like that the green is transparent, it makes it look like it's glowing

without glow fx it would be a lot duller. the inner and outer edges are supposed to be like the Blockland logo that Conan built, yet he used chrome fx. what's weird is that it seems more glowing when my shaders are off (I'm using minimum in the pictures).

oo thanks for the kind comment <3

this is rly nice quality and you captured the font especially well. great job on the w! you managed to make it consistently thick which is pretty impressive

I'll update the ol' topic with fixed pictures later. for anyone who didnt know, it was the big logo used at the end of eksi's official blockland trailer
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 04:15:06 PM by Conan »