Poll

Week-Long Poll: Opinion on No Man's Sky (Expired)

Buy it. (Worth it)
9 (17%)
Rent it. (Good, Not worth the $60)
6 (11.3%)
Wait for sale. (Okay, but only buy at lower prices)
21 (39.6%)
Skip it. (Not my cup of tea)
17 (32.1%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: No Man's Sky "Official" Megathread - Review Roundup!  (Read 20109 times)

I'm not sure if you know this but 60 fps isn't a recent thing for computer gaming.
still, its childish to complaing about it not having 60 fps.

30 fps is perfectly fine and runs nearly as smooth.

There's this amazing thing called an opinion, everyone has one
A lot of people find 30fps gives them motion sickness, or doesn't look nearly as nice, and ruins the experience or immersion for them. That's not them being "childish," that's just their opinion, which is just as valid as anyone elses opinion on the matter.

30 FPS in this day and age should be unnacceptable, fanboys who defend this stuff have no standards (also it's not "smooth" in the slightest when it comes to games).

On top of that NMS is know to go down as much as to 15 FPS. Is that smooth enough for you?

plus if you've been playing with things that run 60 playing things with 30 can be quite distracting

My biggest peeve for video games is when the console can't run their own exclusives at 60FPS. For example Wind Waker HD.

I've played games at 30 fps for a long time so I dont really see the any issues with it other than
A lot of people find 30fps gives them motion sickness,
which I've never heard of before, but that'd make sense

On top of that NMS is know to go down as much as to 15 FPS. Is that smooth enough for you?
well thats both the fault of optimization and probably also cause consoles are stuff anyways, I could understand disliking dropping down that low though.

30 fps is not "nearly as smooth" as 60.
If you didn't notice, it's half the framerate. And yes, it's very noticeable.

There's even less of a difference between 15 and 30!  Let's just cap our games at 15 so we don't have to worry about optimization and hardware!

still, you can play a game at 30 just fine unless you get sick from that framerate or something, it being lower is an issue because then it actually starts to chug a bit.

still, you can play a game at 30 just fine unless you get sick from that framerate or something, it being lower is an issue because then it actually starts to chug a bit.

Shooters and 2d platformers are near impossible to play at 30 FPS.

Shooters and 2d platformers are near impossible to play at 30 FPS.
not really.

I thought this Megathread was going to be more about the discussion on the game, not back and forth talk about framerate. Let's try to keep this from being pulled "down there" if you know what I mean, guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE0nuW-mQ8A

What a train wreck. See ya in the toilet Goodbye Games.

It's called getting with the times. There is no excuse for 30fps because all consoles are, are basically glorified computers.

no mans sky more like no content sucks