No Man's Sky "Official" Megathread - Review Roundup!

Poll

Week-Long Poll: Opinion on No Man's Sky (Expired)

Buy it. (Worth it)
9 (17%)
Rent it. (Good, Not worth the $60)
6 (11.3%)
Wait for sale. (Okay, but only buy at lower prices)
21 (39.6%)
Skip it. (Not my cup of tea)
17 (32.1%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: No Man's Sky "Official" Megathread - Review Roundup!  (Read 20091 times)

im still not understanding the game. none of the vids or article really explain it.
we have seen many many many games with procedural this, and infinite that.
its just not exciting anymore when you know you will see everything there is to see in a few hours. seeing that texture in a different color wont make infinite space any more worth exploring.

i want to know more about gameplay. but all i have seen so far is some main story to reach point X in space somewhere, and filling out as pokedex of creatures on the way.
im already bored of it :(

Holy stuff we can own freighters and build bases? Fan suggestions are coming in now yay

Holy stuff we can own freighters and build bases? Fan suggestions are coming in now yay

No, those are planned features.

It's been really confusing to figure out if they're going to add a multiplayer element or not. Sean Murray was saying something about you could find other people, but it would just be incredibly rare. Now I hear that they scrapped that and are planning some sort of "No Man's Sky Online" after release, as a sort of second gamemode or game option.

I don't know if anyone touched on this yet so don't murder me if they have
With the additional fact of multiple physical copies of the game on PS4 leaking, and the various gameplays on youtube now the state of the game (before their "day 1 patch") the game looks very bland. They talked about thousands of randomly generated space ships/weapons/creatures, but I feel like a lot of their stuff is very similar (especially their monoliths, space stations, and basically all of the structures). I feel like I've seen it all in their game after only watching roughly four people play it for about three hours each. Not to mention the guy who got his hands on the first leaked copy claims to have reached the center of the universe in under 30 hours. From what I've seen I find that claim to be believable.

Edit: I also forgot to mention they've delayed it about three times. This game is overhyped

This is not to say I don't want the game, I just don't want to pay 60 dollars on a half baked game. If it was maybe 30 dollars I think it would be more reasonable.

The game just needs more content, I half expected them to flake on a lot of the randomness of the game. The game still looks really good an there's a lot to see, but honestly the "trading" is basic and with it sounding like there's not going to be any kind of multiplayer or very rare sightings of actual people at launch, the discovery system is kind of lame. Players should be able to have their own houses/bases/places to return to regularly and they should be able to have more than one ship. At the least allow us to have the giant freight ships and have our own factions if we want.

Edit: Apparently they have a large list of features that are coming and my comment is for now irrelevant
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 07:06:33 PM by Maya67 »

No, those are planned features.
I literally read what was supposed to be in the first update and it said base building.

If anyone wants a (mostly free) space exploration game, I'd recommend you try out Rodina. The planets don't have life, but they are absolutely massive, and it can be really fun to fly around them and engage in combat for an hour or so. There's a demo that lets you play 2 hours free, and to be honest, that's pretty much the length of the game.

i feel like 18 quintillion planets makes the whole naming planets system pretty useless, even for the novelty of it

like why name every planet i come across something silly or cool when there's such a smidgen of a chance that someone actually manages to find it
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 10:16:56 PM by kongo »

If anyone wants a (mostly free) space exploration game, I'd recommend you try out Rodina. The planets don't have life, but they are absolutely massive, and it can be really fun to fly around them and engage in combat for an hour or so. There's a demo that lets you play 2 hours free, and to be honest, that's pretty much the length of the game.

maaan rodina was great. I just wish it had more content

I literally read what was supposed to be in the first update and it said base building.

You literally suck absolute richard at reading.

Next up we’re adding the ability to build bases and own giant space freighters. Temporal AA and my new cloud rendering tech should be coming soon too. It will really change the game again, and enhance it visually.

This is a footnote to the actual patch notes listed above it.

I need to test the filter so I know how hard I need to bypass it before naming everything richard related :^)

Sorry, Avenger, but those features are being worked on still. Yet, they weren't promised or anything like that, so who knows. At this point, you should just not get too excited yet.

Sorry, Avenger, but those features are being worked on still. Yet, they weren't promised or anything like that, so who knows. At this point, you should just not get too excited yet.
Yeah I grazed over it indirectly saying it would be in a future update :/

still can't wait for those features tho

Edit: Also, my copy just got shipped today and will arrive at 8pm tomorrow. Yay lets do this

I thought the blog post they made yesterday was loving hilarious.

http://www.no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/what-do-you-do-in-no-mans-sky/

Throwing MAD shade at skeptic dumbforgets who jerked themselves off over things they were never promised in the first place.

yes yes, their game is so "chill" that you have to OD on downers to fully experience it before you slip into a coma