Author Topic: People cant join my server  (Read 2602 times)

I'm sure this has been asked many times but how do i fix this? I've been able to host no problem in the past and I've had tons of people join at once, but i went to host today and i had no ping and nobody who i asked if they wanted to join could. My friend had the same problem today to. Anyone know any solutions?

Have you tried port forwarding?

same here.
real helpful of you wow

It means your UpNP has stopped working, you can try looking for fixes to that, or better yet

Have you tried port forwarding?

If you have gravity cats weps disable those, awhile ago I had them and I got rid of them and people were able to join again.

I've tried port forwarding. It's too complicated.

How is it complicated? I'm going to make a video tutorial of how to port forward for Blockland.

I'm going to make a video tutorial of how to port forward for Blockland.
Nevermind about this, spoke too early. I'm not good at making videos and I don't want crappy watermarks on screen recording.

What have you tried exactly?

i have tried to port forward before for garrys mod, didn't turn out well. is port forwarding easy for blockland?

i have this same issue too. a couple months ago i was hosting servers with no problem. now my server has --- ping, even after i added Blockland to port forward AND ticked Disable uPnP

i have this same issue too. a couple months ago i was hosting servers with no problem. now my server has --- ping, even after i added Blockland to port forward AND ticked Disable uPnP
UPnP is basically your auto port forwarder, if you disable that you must manually port forward.

UPnP is basically your auto port forwarder, if you disable that you must manually port forward.
enabled or disabled, i still get the same result

enabled or disabled, i still get the same result
Either your router doesn't support UPnP or it isn't able to use UPnP for some reason

A console.log would probably help. But:

Look in your console.log for two instances, like the following: (Find(Ctrl+F) for 'UDP initialized on port')
Once you Find for these instances, you should get one for some misc. port, and one for port 28000. If this is the case, you will do the following(This is an example, for it the miscellaneous port is 57718)

Code: [Select]
Binding server port to default IP
UDP initialized on port 57718

Binding server port to default IP
UDP initialized on port 28000

If this is the case, it would seem that, by default, blockland is starting to run on port 57718, but it also wants to run on port 28000.
Here are things you can do to fix it:
Solution: 1. Port Forward. Summary:
Open a Web browser, type your Default Gateway number into the address bar, and press Enter. 2. Enter your username and password to access your router's interface. The default username and password should be listed in your router's documentation, on a sticker on the side of your router, or on the Port Forward website.

Solution: 2. Manually change the port to which blockland will run at, to the port that your exe tries to use:
Since it looks like your dedicated server is trying to use port 57718, what you will want to do, is:

1. Make sure that your firewall is open to both ports 28000 and port 57718.
2. Open your blockland server
3. Put this in your server console:
$Pref::Server::Port = "Your Port"; Or in your case:
$Pref::Server::Port = "57718";4. Put this in your console, to correctly close the server and save the pref: (If we do not do this command, the server will not close correctly and potentially not save the pref)
5. reopen the server and hope that it worked.
quit();
Solution: 3. Wait it out. If worst comes to worst, and none of the things here help you, you can always try and wait it out. I've had similar problems on my server, and waiting it out usually works.. I know it's a bs solution, but it will (probably) work after time. Idk why, don't ask me.

Wow, good stuff dragonoid. If that can't help him nothing can