You can make one thing in Blockland perfect - what is it (not the engine >:I)

Author Topic: You can make one thing in Blockland perfect - what is it (not the engine >:I)  (Read 4615 times)

The engine, as in porting it onto the newest torque3D version and script in some .dts compatibility (cause the new versions of torque uses .dae)
This

Lighting, probably. Casting shadows from more than one source. Ability to render more than 8 at a time. Optimization.

Importing processes made easier. So everyone has a chance to make something if they put their time into it.

Perhaps a custom in game tool that would allow you to create stuff on the spot and tinker with it until it's release ready.

bricklimit, right now it crashes people at around ~350k bricks

this probably

nothing tbh

even with it's flaws i wouldn't change a thing. since 2008 ive been way too attached to the game for another major change, good or bad.

actually though a better brick grid system/rotation would be nice

the code so ppl can make every other thing perfect : -^ )

Importing processes made easier. So everyone has a chance to make something if they put their time into it.

Perhaps a custom in game tool that would allow you to create stuff on the spot and tinker with it until it's release ready.

Engine.

Newer and updated: better visuals, less wonky coding, more possibilities.

Clearly the obvious answer here, hands down.

The playerbase
like really, it's all kids now what happened

The playerbase
like really, it's all kids now what happened
I think some people grew up. :(

I would add ingame voicechat, so i wouldn't have to stop what I'm doing to speak to someone.

I would fix the thing where small objects or wedge-like shapes have zones bigger than the actual object, so you can't place bricks right next to them.
this is already possible? just the brick maker didnt bother to make it possible.
unless you mean 1x1 wedges

blocklands already really easy to develop for compared to other games; half the time you dont even need to restart your server to test new code. the addon possibilities make a universal default tool to develop addons possible but very time consuming to make, and it probably wouldnt be better than the current situation where addonmakers model in blender/preferred modeling tool and code using a text editor of choice.

id improve lighting and efficiency of lighting; coming in at a very close second is brickcount