Would this be good for a budget PC build + setup?

Author Topic: Would this be good for a budget PC build + setup?  (Read 502 times)

Basically /title. Next summer I will be working and saving up money to buy my first gaming rig (albiet, bugdet) along with the whole setup minus a desk and chair. Will this be good?

Things I WONT change
-Keyboard / Mouse
-OS
-Monitor (unless if it's near borderless and 1080p or greater)

My hard limit on the PC is 500 bucks total. Please no "get an rx480" or "gtx 1080" or whatever. Yes I know they're good, but I will not fork out 200+ more dollars on my already set budget. The only exception to this will be the CPU as long as it doesn't raise the budget to about 20+ over. I just selected that Pentium because I've heard it's one of the greatest and most easily over-clockable budget dual-core CPUs a person could by.

thx

its probably best if you dont pick anything now and just wait until you have the money to decide what you want to buy
things could change/prices could change/new products could be instore

its probably best if you dont pick anything now and just wait until you have the money to decide what you want to buy
things could change/prices could change/new products could be instore
I'd like to plan early that way I'll know exactly what to look for / where to improve when the time comes

I hate to put you down but spending anything under $600 on a gaming rig isn't gonna get you far.

I hate to put you down but spending anything under $600 on a gaming rig isn't gonna get you far.

what games will you be playing on it? (if you get it)
you may not have enough firepower

what's the response time on that monitor? i'd be a little wary of an ips monitor that cheap.

oh well, at least there's something special about these, it's upgradeability
what games will you be playing on it? (if you get it)
you may not have enough firepower
I don't really play AAA games, the most I'll play would be GTA V. The video I've watched is someone use a GTX 740 and this processor overclocked and it could run GTA V in ultra (average FPS of 50) so the GTX 950 should be perfect
what's the response time on that monitor? i'd be a little wary of an ips monitor that cheap.
Probably 59hz or 60hz. I don't mind much about response times, the only game that partially needs it that I actually play would be TF2 :P

actually the response time is 4ms

triple-post but I'd really like some opinions on this