Windows 10 Anniversary Update: More like a divorce!

Author Topic: Windows 10 Anniversary Update: More like a divorce!  (Read 2122 times)

I get why they skipped Windows 9 now.
They knew this version would be a stuff show and they wanted to keep every other version is garbage pattern.

i got a bitcoin miner malware disguised as the realtek hd audio exe after upgrading to the anniversary update

And as I explained to you, that had NOTHING to do with Microsoft or Windows 10.

woops
i forgot about that
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 05:37:46 PM by 77x5ghost2 »

I do like Windows X, but this is getting loving out of control.

As I've said in the past, CRITA is a massive handicap. If you've taken his OP seriously, I'm so sorry, and please allow me to check you into a psychologist for an assessment.

Nothing wrong right? WRONG. First off, cortana is now enabled

Cortana is enabled as an active process but only takes ~43MBs for RAM and doesn't consume CPU time at all. It literally doesn't do anything on my system.

But also i removed Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Store before.
Known bug in the Windows updater that causes some default apps and the taskbar to reset. It literally takes you THREE seconds to unpin them, you forget.

They broke the windows 7-esque start menu. Its too small for the menu its on and wont even show anything. Only app view works. No wonder classic shell is hidden.
Oh SHUT THE forget UP.

All of the shortcuts are still present by Right-Clicking on the Start Menu. The Menu now just directly opens up your program list; you can still type in an search manually. You can still pin apps to the top (I haven't for the time being) and right-clicking on an app will let you see the most recent used/pinned files. There's also more shelf space for UWP apps.

Oh and cortana is not able to be disabled unless poking into the registry. So i had to go to the registry to fix the problem, right?

Oh wait, THEY HID THE FOLDER FOR WINDOWS SEARCH CONTAINING CORTANA THAT ALSO CREATES AN OBVIOUS BACKDOOR FOR VIRUSES TO REMAIN HIDDEN..
Holy forget you autismo, will you suck on a pacifier or something? Your crying will wake up the neighbours.

It's not a "problem" and there's no "backdoor". There's a LOT of folders that aren't exposed to Windows Search. If a virus really wants to stay hidden, it can easily create its own partition or infect a random driver instead of obviously leaving itself on the HDD (look up ZeroAccess, which used the behaviour I described).

Besides, any good anti-virus would check those locations anyway, including the default anti-virus that comes with Windows. Are you telling me you're leaving yourself open to attack yet you're complaining about being exposed?

TL'DR, New Experiences of Frustration and Developer Opportunities to fix this stuff.
No, you're stuff and you've always been a stuff user. Your post history could be used to teach Kindy students on how NOT to speak.

The Windows 10 Anniversary Update exceeded my expectations. I can now see the clock on both monitors, I have more control over notifications and overall everything has gone smoothly (aside from a NVIDIA issue in their latest driver which makes restoring from a DSR resolution a bit tricky).

i got a bitcoin miner malware disguised as the realtek hd audio exe after upgrading to the anniversary update
And as I explained to you, that had NOTHING to do with Microsoft or Windows 10.

What is everyone even talking about? I downloaded this update a few days ago and nothing much has changed. Don't see any cortana nonsense either.

It's a nitpick, but the only thing i don't like about W10A is how 'All Apps' is just on the start menu now instead of being a button, so my pinned apps are pushed slightly to the right

Everything else has worked just fine, and this is a laptop that used to be 8.1, that then upgraded to 10, and now 10A with no problems or conflicts
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 05:41:13 PM by Masterlegodude »

I just downgraded back to 8.1 Pro a few days ago. I was primarily concerned with the increasing privacy issues with their required telemetry and such. This also gave me a chance to finally re-partition my primary drive so I can dual boot some other systems I wanted to have. Win win I'd say, I was one of the few who actually liked windows 8's stuff a lot.

ugh why isn't the clock at the end of the taskbar anymore this makes me uncomfortable
p sure you can disable this

(I don't have it at least)
They broke the windows 7-esque start menu. Its too small for the menu its on and wont even show anything. Only app view works. No wonder classic shell is hidden.
I have no idea what you mean by this
Oh and cortana is not able to be disabled unless poking into the registry. So i had to go to the registry to fix the problem, right?
you can disable it by making a local account pretty sure.
Oh wait, THEY HID THE FOLDER FOR WINDOWS SEARCH CONTAINING CORTANA THAT ALSO CREATES AN OBVIOUS BACKDOOR FOR VIRUSES TO REMAIN HIDDEN..
lol
I genuinely have no idea what you're trying to convey here, so this is basically what I can pick up on btw
TL'DR, New Experiences of Frustration and Developer Opportunities to fix this stuff.
aw, who likes change these days?
I just downgraded back to 8.1 Pro a few days ago. I was primarily concerned with the increasing privacy issues with their required telemetry and such. This also gave me a chance to finally re-partition my primary drive so I can dual boot some other systems I wanted to have. Win win I'd say, I was one of the few who actually liked windows 8's stuff a lot.
p sure Win8.1 has telemetry in the new updates now, so watch out for that
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 06:34:40 PM by Nal »

This has been like this even before the anniversary update, just a minor issue but I'd wish they would fix this.
If anyone has any workarounds/fixes that would be nice, as I have already tried some.

This has been like this even before the anniversary update, just a minor issue but I'd wish they would fix this.
If anyone has any workarounds/fixes that would be nice, as I have already tried some.
I'm not sure if this will work or not as the issue worked for me on something else, but try disabling DirectWrite on Settings > Interface. (assuming this only happens on the steam tray)

unless this is happening with all software that's probably a bug you should report to steam

anniversary update is loving with my surface pro 3 :(

does that work on the registry editor?
oh whoops, i misread the OP on that part

I'm not sure if this will work or not as the issue worked for me on something else, but try disabling DirectWrite on Settings > Interface. (assuming this only happens on the steam tray)

Tried this, but it didnt work. I did found a work around which requires me to go into Task Manager, finding Windows Explorer and pressing the restart button for anyone with the same problem

This is most likely just a temporary fix:
- ctrl + shift + esc to open task manager, and then more details if its in minimized
- under processes, go to the bottom and click on Windows Explorer
- click restart at the bottom right of the window