How to cope with moving?

Author Topic: How to cope with moving?  (Read 830 times)

Moving at the end of August to a town 5 hours south of Edmonton. I'm pretty sad about it, I'll have no friends to start off with and I won't see family as often. How do some of you cope with it?

the internet will still be the internet
at least that's still constant

And we will still be ur frends bb <3

keep in contact with ur friends as much as you can (at least the ones you care the most about) and wait for school to start and eventually you'll make new friends. don't worry about it, in a year it'll seem pretty much normal

Veteran of this stuff, moved to the other size of the planet at the beginning of year 11. Be friendly, stay in contact with your old friends, and have interesting stories to tell people at your new destination.

Move on.

honestly OP, this is the best advice

i've moved from phoenix to michigan for middle school, then to tucson for high school. i eventually lost contact with my phoenix friends, but i made some great friends up in michigan which i still talk to this day. keep in contact with your old friends, but do not become dependent on them. i was loving miserable through high school because i missed my friends in michigan and wanted to move back so much. unfortunately for me i didn't even bother to make friends with people in high school (not many, anyway) and it's hitting me pretty hard in college now.

make some new friends, but face the fact you're moving away from your old ones. you can make trips back there easily since it's only 5 hours away, but you're about to meet a lot of new people, so make as many new friends as you can

i moved to san diego from nashville for a summer (which is a 24 hour road trip), just power through it. you'll be fine.

Stretch every morning and night, try to stay limber.  Don't over extend yourself though.  Moving around the day after a tough workout can be tough but it's important to not stay too still or you'll stiffen up.

i've moved 5 times in my lifetime and i can say that it's not as hard as it seems unless you make it hard

Moving at the end of August to a town 5 hours south of Edmonton. I'm pretty sad about it, I'll have no friends to start off with and I won't see family as often. How do some of you cope with it?

Well, how old are you? It makes a huge difference.

Yeah. It really is a matter of time, you have to adjust to your new environment. There's really no special trick to being okay with moving house, you just have to roll with the punches. Keep in contact with close friends and stay positive, brother.