Crown's Rise of Blockland

Author Topic: Crown's Rise of Blockland  (Read 5521 times)

This looks like just another city rpg to me, with bad builds, food stores everywhere with mile high signs, bad/boring map with a boring grid layout.
I don't see how this is too different?

This looks like just another city rpg to me, with bad builds, food stores everywhere with mile high signs, bad/boring map with a boring grid layout.
It really is just a CityRPG, but at the same time, it started a week ago and is not very popular. Like no stuff there will be dull builds.

What? It is so not just a CityRPG the gamemodes aren't even comparable.

I too like to compare GTA to SimCity.

RoB is not a city RPG, it doesn't attempt to simulate/role play an entire city. You have to think of it as an economy, with the builds representing different types of companies (owned by single individuals). Basically you try to show off/market as much as possible to climb to the top of the economy. To do so you can employ tactics like partnering with other businesses etc but the player count has been too low for that to really work out. In 2011 the player count seemed to consistently be around 20, so it worked out a bit better since the game mode caters to lots of players.

You have to think of it as an economy, with the builds representing different types of companies
An economy of food stands.

Well I mean... what's so different about that from the real world?

Seriously brickitect, why do you feel the need to be rude whenever something isnt up to your par? You did it on Cool Blockheads now youre doing it here.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 03:11:10 PM by Mr Unicode »

Seriously brickitect, why do you feel the need to be rude whenever something isnt up to your par? You did it on Cool Blockheads now youre doing it here.

"Up to par"?
I don't stuff on things that are not up to my standards whenever I see it, but that's not the point.

I was expressing how I saw it, if that makes sense.  It's just my perspective of this.

its not being rude the builds are bad and the layout is a grid

Ya most of the builds are bad, but they aren't supposed to look good until businesses get a lot of money.