What is your favorite video-game?

Author Topic: What is your favorite video-game?  (Read 2805 times)

/title

My favourite game is actually Steambot Chronicles on PS2. It's a pretty rare and obscure japanese game, but I just love its story driven by choices you make in the game and such. It's a game that you can only properly judge if you play it first-hand, it's just unique

Probably either Ori and the Blind Forest or Metroid Prime 2

Can't give you a single one, but I can give you some personal favourites. Not all of these are games, but I think you get the idea;

Gta V, Blockland, and Most Wanted are awesome

Which ones aren't games? They all look like games to me

Which ones aren't games? They all look like games to me
Blockland technically isn't. I was going to add Flight Simulator X and a couple other ones like that but I didn't want to make the page any longer than I had already.

Blockland technically isn't. I was going to add Flight Simulator X and a couple other ones like that but I didn't want to make the page any longer than I had already.
Oops, forgot that you have a weird definition for what a game is.

Simulators, sand-boxes, etc count as games by the way. (in this thread at least)

The award would have to go to my most played game.

And that has to be either Halo 1, 2 or 3 (probably 3), or it goes to Mount & Blade: Warband.

i loving love halo 3 so much
followed up by dark souls and then metro 2033 (tie)
and my third favorite is armored core 3/silent line

i loving love halo 3 so much
I always preferred the Halo 2 storyline just a little bit more, but H3's story had more level variety, the game was far more polished, it had more features (proper integration of skulls, forge, theatre, increase armour/game-mode customisation and so on) and overall it's where I spent the majority of my time.

Still remember those days of playing H2 at my cousin's house, or the massive multiplayer matches of Halo: CE we had at High School. Those were some good old days.

I always preferred the Halo 2 storyline just a little bit more
I did love Halo 2's storyline, but I'm not entirely sure I can say I preferred it to Halo 3.
Halo 2's seemed to not travel quite so far (Halo 2 has 15 missions, but that's because several larger missions are split into two, meaning we have more missions that effectively take place in the exact same location and really don't feel like a seperate mission at all).
And while I'm not one of the guys who hated the inclusion of the Arbiter, I can say that I enjoyed his pieces much less than the Master Chief missions (And I think this is a big, big reason why Halo 5's campaign was not as well recieved as any others, because we hardly get to play as the Chief. It would have been better had we either just played as Locke (as in ODST/Reach), or if we had had 75%+ of the game as Chief).

Halo 2 at times also felt like it's story was a little bit too similar to Halo CE, at least in having missions to explore another Halo, to (unwittingly) find/release a flood infestation, to locate an Index, and to infiltrate an enemy ship (well, space city).

But that's not to throw Halo 2 under the bus, since it's still a great game, highly enjoyable and replayable, and it is a good addition to the overall story.
But if I had to choose a favourite game from the core series, based on its storyline, I do think I would choose Halo 3. Combat Evolved is damned good too, but maybe there's something more fantastic about seeing the culmination of it all in Halo 3.