Author Topic: Replacing n3ds top LCD screen (not XL, not original 3ds)  (Read 719 times)

So instead of stuffposting today I will ask you if any of you have experience in replacing a new 3ds' top screen. No I do not mean the XL. No I do not mean the original 3ds. I've been looking for the last hour, but I can't find any guides or anywhere to even order a screen.
If any of you can help out that would be awesome. I somehow cracked my screen and I wanna get the stuff fixed as soon as I can.
I've already checked if Nintendo will repair it and that'd be 85 dollars. I'd rather do it myself for cheaper
Thank you if you can help, if you can't, just a quick search would be nice. Maybe you'll find something I didn't

Picture of the damage. Not bad enough that I can't play, but bad enough that it's annoying as stuff

I dug a little and found this seller on eBay selling a replacement screen for $41

as for a guide, I imagine you could look at a disassembly video and follow along, then once you reach the part with the screen, unplug the old one and install the new one then put everything back together in reverse order

personally, it wasn't really a difficult task for me to disassemble my original 3ds to repair the worn out triggers and put it back together

Thank you so much dude you're a god
I've watched a couple videos and it's good to hear that it's not super hard, gonna order that screen as soon as I can

Also, I have a new 3DS XL in the red color, and it has a pretty nasty scratch on the top screen. Anyone know where I can find a new 3DS XL replacement top screen cover (NOT the LCD)?