Author Topic: Server crashes, losing connection to own server, and console spam  (Read 1060 times)

Hello everyone, I've been having a lot of trouble with my server, which is being plagued by issues of random crashing, lagging out, and console spam. Any help that you can provide me for the following issues would be much appreciated!

Random server crashing:
Both my normal and dedicated server randomly crash after a while of hosting, with the message "Blockland.exe has stopped working". I have checked the console.logs and they usually show everything happening perfectly normally up until the crash, with no indication as to what happened. I will upload a console.log of this the next time it happens while hosting.
Here's a console.log of crashing before Blockland finishes starting up (Simply starting the game again worked)

Lagging out/losing connection to my own dedicated server:
console.log
My server has a ping of --- after every time I lag out (but other players connected remain in the server). I am then unable to connect to the server until I do webcom_postserver(); in the console.

Console spam:
attempting to call indexOf error (I believe from VCE)

eval error (I believe from VCE)

non-CURLE_OK request spam (I believe from Slayer)
Code: [Select]
Got non-CURLE_OK result on a request, result was 3
 - Request was for ''
Uknown command getState error (clearly Zzerver_NewHealth)

Description.txt not in one of the default directories (RTB issue)

I am also unable to update server preferences (whenever I do via console they revert back the next time I start the server). I am not running Blockland Glass nor have Support_Preferences. I tried clearing both Glass' and RTB's cache.db but that did not help.

Many of these issues require that the add-on developers update/fix their add-ons, however I would appreciate any help you guys can give with removing console spam and fixing my server. Alternative versions, bug fixes, different add-ons etc are all welcome suggestions for me. Thanks!

non-CURLE_OK request spam (I believe from Slayer)
Code: [Select]
Got non-CURLE_OK result on a request, result was 3
 - Request was for ''
These are usually unavoidable.

I'll release a fix for the health spam soon.

VCE spam is caused when you die because your player object is null

I'll release a fix for the health spam soon.

VCE spam is caused when you die because your player object is null
Cool! So I could potentially fix VCE spam by checking if players are dead?