Author Topic: "Sneaky" Minigame Option  (Read 1338 times)

I just bought Blockland and have been tinkering around. I'm really impressed by the minigame functionality, but something is missing.
How would you guys feel about being given the option of hiding participant's names. 

Most first person shooters make you hunt for the person, and that alone can be pretty thrilling by itself.
Nonparticipants would still have their names, to distinguish themselves from those who are playing.

Sorry if this has already been suggested, or implemented.
For those who are confused, I'm talking about a minigame option, not an already implemented way to hide player's names.

Scripts are nice and all, but due to the high request of such an option, and it being a fundamental archetype of most first person shooters, it should be hard coded. As I understand there is a new version on the horizon, this feature doesn't seem like something that's going to take forever to code.

Yeah, for now you'll just have to use scripts, though. Not implemented in the game officially yet.

I don't think Badspot has any intention on adding them to the game, judging from the posts here:
http://www.blockland.us/smf/index.php?topic=15215.0

Based on that topic I think it'd be a good idea if:

Names were only half transparent, like you said; visible distance variable.
Or only one minigame can have transparency.

Hmm. I read through the wedge post. Let me try and get this straight; Badspot has already thought this through and he isn't willing to code in functionality for players who are not in a minigame to see all players no matter what.

Only players in the minigame with the "Do not show name" option checked would not see names only within their minigame, they would able to see players names in other minigames no matter what options that minigame is running.

Of course if a player got frustrated they could quit the minigame and then come back to see where their adversary is, but I'm perfectly okay with that.

I guess now that I put it that way it seems a little too much to code.