Author Topic: Doom Multiplayer Gamemode (Applications Open(We need help!)  (Read 3295 times)

not final logo*

Squidbee, deadfall07, and Alphadin are developing the Doom Multiplayer game mode into Blockland. We have started to program, model, and pull out sounds from the game itself to accomplish making the game mode. But we need help, we simply don't have enough members to make this gamemode a reality. We have deadfall07 ripping out sounds from the game, Alphadin scripting, and Squidbee managing everything.

We are open to anyone who has experience in either scripting, modeling, sorting, hosting dedicated servers, creating huds, animating, creating models, and building. If you would like to participate in helping, please fill out this application and we well review it.

Application Process
To apply to help you must be able to exceed in at least one of the following areas:

Building
Scripting
Modeling
Sorting
Hosting Dedicated Servers
Creating Huds
Animating
Creating Client Add-Ons

In order to apply, simply fill out the small form in a post here in the topic that is formatted as such:

[Blockland Name and ID]
   [Position(s) your applying for]
   [Reasons why you are capable]
   [Examples of your work in the area (urls, images, gallery posts, etc)]

We will accept you depending on your level of skill in your position(s).

EDIT:
We no longer have a modeler/animator. If you have experience in doing these things, please apply! We also need need more scripters!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 03:52:57 PM by Squidbee »

Doom + Blockland =.... Doomland

nice

Edit

[Blockland Name and ID]: McLoler {ID:52400}
[Position(s) your applying for]: Building
[Reasons why you are capable]: Because I like building stuff
[Examples of your work in the area (urls, images, gallery posts, etc)]: uh... I've built on your server before I think
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 03:14:30 PM by mcloler »

[Blockland Name and ID]: Ze Operator (32660)
[Position(s) your applying for]: Building, Scripting
[Reasons why you are capable]: I'm passionate about hardcore action games, and have worked with both building and scripting in the past.
[Examples of your work in the area]: Server Hosting of Boss Battles, WIP Gaster Blaster Mod with me and Filipe1020.

Good luck with Alph scripting. He never finishes anything.

Good luck with Alph scripting. He never finishes anything.
im kinda surprised im even known at all, even for that at this point
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 09:17:36 PM by Alphadin »

[Blockland Name and ID]: *i have a lot of diffrent names* _0XBAADC0DE; {ID:97235}
[Position(s) your applying for]: Modelling, Animating and coding weapons. If needed, hosting dedicated server
[Reasons why you are capable]: It's my hobby, duh.
[Examples of your work in the area (urls, images, gallery posts, etc)]: Voxel gore (which you can download on the blf) and a lot of animated weapons that i either import from other games or make myself. There is also the dismemberment mod, check it out. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuutmCP_AVg

I remember making 3d voxel doom weapons, can look for them.

[Blockland Name and 44572]
[Position(s) your applying for: Building/eventing]
[Ive made a stuffton of builds that really never got finished so I wanna build somthin good and popular for one]
[I have no pics of builds Ive made but trust me bby im good ;)]

I could sign up to make some 3D models, I've been needing a reason to get practice in that area.

Back in 2015 I made Heatwave from multiplayer. It uses modter, and I need to re-do one of the rooms, but if you want I could send some pictures your way.

Name/BL_ID: Dannu, 17003
Position(s): Scripting, coding, client-server interactions
Competence: I have a long-standing reputation as a competent scripter and am looking for something to collaborate on. Just give me a specific element/feature to work on and I'll do it.
Examples: Reputation, mainly. I have a few very basic mods on BLG that I released, but they absolutely do not represent my full skill.

Sorting what?
Well, when I say 'sorting' I meant to say managing. As in, telling the developers when to meet and if a new member joins, look at their application and assign them to what they want in the discord server. And check things off the list of things we need to do, stuff like that.

Name: Whirlwind (8429)
Position: Scripting
Reasons: Been playing for quite some time and I've made some pretty quality stuff.
Examples:
My first add-on, Filmbots: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=283366.0
Coded the gamemode for Falling Tiles: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=277292.0