Author Topic: Newbie to programming  (Read 1579 times)

I want to get into programming, and start to make mods for Blockland. What engine is recommended to start programming? I'm looking for something both simple to learn and good for newbies
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 08:37:32 PM by Warzone »

do you mean a programming language?

Probably meant language. If so, then here:

Your best bet would be with C++ and then into TorqueScript
C++ is the original language TorqueScript is based off of, and TS is also what Blockland uses for its engine if you want to start making mods for BL
so its C++ -> TorqueScript
Atleast, thats what Ive been told

yeah one thats easy

You should start with Brainforget. Its reallllyyyyy easy. FINE PRINT: Brainforget is one of the most difficult programming languages. And yes it actually exists.

Something absolutely simple to learn, originally, is Python 3.0. This language is simple, easy to read, and doesn't deal with pointers.

If you want to make Blockland mods, it would be best to go with Becquerel's post, as C++ is a good precursor to Torquescript. You'll just have a slightly steeper learning curve, regarding C++.

can confirm, have dabbled w/ both python and c++; python's a lot less strict and a bit easier to use, but c++ really helps you build character a sense of standardization and logic that you really need

lmao people saying c++ is remotely similar to torquescript
basically the only thing they have in common is that the syntax is c-based

PHP is far more similar to torquescript

Ok I'll probably toy around with Python then move over to C++ then eventually TS3D. thanks

oh then ill start with PHP

If you want to learn Torquescript, it's best to start with Torquescript.

Then I stand Corrected

If you want to learn Torquescript, it's best to start with Torquescript.

couldn't agree more.

oh then ill start with PHP

You should start with Torquescript. You have the worlds largest and most reliable Torquescript resource over at Modification Discussion and we're happy to answer any questions at all.

Don't start with C++. You'll need to build your confidence up to such a complex, deep language by looking at other stuff like Torquescript or Python.