Author Topic: Suggestion: Event_setPlayerRender  (Read 1835 times)

Would it even be possible to make an event that makes a user invisible? (Jets would be invisible too) Also, would it be possible for this event to make other players go through you, like you are a ghost?
If so, I could use it as a freeroam purchasable spectator perk that lasts for the rest of said round.
If not, explain why you aren't able to.
~~~~~
Thanks if you make it, or at least try. (Do either both, if not, just make the rendering of the player work.)

...that lasts for the rest of said round.
you have irked me quite viciously by saying this
what round was said? there is no said round

If anything this requires datablock changing for hiding jets and possibly breaking collision boxes, otherwise you need a dll, even if you get a dll I don't think you can make one person collide and the other not collide

If anything this requires datablock changing for hiding jets and possibly breaking collision boxes, otherwise you need a dll, even if you get a dll I don't think you can make one person collide and the other not collide

Swollow made a collision disable for players, maybe you could take some of the code out of that.

Swollow made a collision disable for players, maybe you could take some of the code out of that.
Removing collision is possible but it removes it from all players, you can't individually remove it

It will be perfect for "stop it render" servers.

unless something's changed, you can definitely make people invisible. collision is the only thing that won't be so easy.

No, I made those dlls.
Disabling collision per-object is totally possible but I don't think it's worth the work for this?

you COULD use the selective ghosting thing zeblote made (thanks love) and just set their netflag to 8, ghostable then unscopetoall then scope to the client or something and just set collision for all in general to off but that still results in stuff hitting because of raycasts and all of that

you COULD use the selective ghosting thing zeblote made (thanks love) and just set their netflag to 8, ghostable then unscopetoall then scope to the client or something and just set collision for all in general to off but that still results in stuff hitting because of raycasts and all of that

You can just hide players by hiding all nodes, right? Selective ghosting won't disable collision, other players will run into an invisible wall then and get glitched back.

Or just simply make the player thinner to reduce the collision box.
It wouldn't look weird if the player is invisible.
But you will glitch through blocks more easily and fall off the map.

You can just hide players by hiding all nodes, right? Selective ghosting won't disable collision, other players will run into an invisible wall then and get glitched back.
the added benefit of disabling ghosting and also disabling collision is that blhack can't see a player with it's ghosting disabled tho, and it ruins the effect if some hack can see where players are even with setPlayerRender, etc

you can just set a players typemask to corpse with some dll stuff

you can just set a players typemask to corpse with some dll stuff

Are you sure that won't break other things?

If so, I could use it as a freeroam purchasable spectator perk that lasts for the rest of said round.
I know that you might want a player type, but an alternative could just be an event that uses control objects and cameras.