Author Topic: James Blonde's Scaled Houses  (Read 1249 times)

I often build the same house over and over again on servers I visit. A while ago I decided to become slightly more creative by making the same house in a larger scale. Although I originally featured my build in a previous topic of mine, some sizeable changes and additions were made which I cannot include in the old topic.

Scaled Houses
Below are original pictures of the 4x scale version of my house. The type and amount of bricks I used to build it made it spammy and the roof appeared to be too tall and clunky to match the smaller version.

Over half a year later I decided to reduce the brick count of the 4x scale version and redo its roof. I thought that it would be neat to make a 2x and 3x scale version of the smaller house as well so that the houses would fit inside each other like Russian nesting dolls. I discovered that replicating the details of the door and windows on those scales was painstakingly difficult. Instead I made an 8x scale version to accompany the 1x and 4x scale houses.

In order from smallest to largest are the houses shown for comparison of the details:
( spot James Blonde in each picture and get a  :cookie: )

Here are the houses shown for comparison of their sizes:

I'm really proud of my scaled houses even though they aren't the most creative things I've made. The 8x scale house is more accurately considered a 2x scale of the 4x scale version since I literally doubled all of the dimensions of the 4x scale house to make the 8x scale one. The roofs on the larger houses are not entirely accurate in dimension to the original 25 degree ramp bricks on the small house. I could not find a workaround to make the large-scale ramps both dimensionally accurate and visually similar when placed on top of each other. I'll probably end up making even larger scale houses when I'm bored and lacking creativity.

Other than Hairspray Queen's giant blockheads, what other builds were designed to be differently scaled versions of an original build or object?

Try scaling up that 2 story blue house you made, it could make an interesting arena (something that I've wanted for a long time)

That looks awesome!

thank you

Try scaling up that 2 story blue house you made, it could make an interesting arena (something that I've wanted for a long time)
what scale? 4x or 8x? I can probably do it without the furniture