I'm creating a Harvest planet on No Man's Sky.

Author Topic: I'm creating a Harvest planet on No Man's Sky.  (Read 5831 times)

Yet Call of Duty is a recycled rushed piece of loving garbage and they make a new one each year, actually every 6 loving months. With a 60 dollar price tag and hundreds of dollars for overpriced garbage dlc.

You're implying the same people complaining about the price are the same people who buy CoD.

Oh it has a 18 billion planets with FULL planet exploration eith planets so big they are 50x larger than skyrim and you'll only explore about 0.000000001% of them in your life time. So much stuff to do.

Spore had over 2,000,000 planets. Despite them all being "different" they are all procedurally generated from the same art assets. It's going to looks samey after a while
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 04:21:59 AM by beachbum111111 »

You don't hate the game because you perceive it as "repetitive". You hate the game because you're not a fan of the space exploration genre. No Man's Sky is currently the absolute apogee of this embryonic genre. There are people who would spend countless hours just loving around looking at empty planets on Space Engine, now they get to play an actual game about it.

You don't hate the game because you perceive it as "repetitive". You hate the game because you're not a fan of the space exploration genre. No Man's Sky is currently the absolute apogee of this embryonic genre. There are people who would spend countless hours just loving around looking at empty planets on Space Engine, now they get to play an actual game about it.
jesus loving christ thank you

I'm seeing new stuff all the time with this game.

Even if it is generated this stuff is pretty impressive on this scale.

Even if it is generated this stuff is pretty impressive on this scale.

It's not an offline game though is it? It's not like the world is downloaded to the console where you can play it whenever even if you have no internet.

Oh it has a 18 billion planets with FULL planet exploration eith planets so big they are 50x larger than skyrim and you'll only explore about 0.000000001% of them in your life time. So much stuff to do.

they're single-biome spheres. you spend 10 minutes on one and you've pretty much seen the entire planet. quantity is not quality. skyrim is a hand-made map with actual detail, rather than generic, constantly reused algorithms for terrain generation.

when you've been on a handful of planets, you've seen the brunt of the game.

tony's right, the planets are pretty cool. however at the same time the things you can find on them aren't really special, but if you're the kind of person who loves seeing different landscapes, you may find some cool stuff..

i'm iffy on this game, i want it really badly but i know it'll be a mile wide and an inch deep just like starbound or elite dangerous...

You people rush out to buy call of duty or the next Bethesda game only to get disappointed.

Yet don't want to take a risk with a game like this.

Fantastic

I'm going to try and pick up this game next winter, mostly because I think they'll add quite a bit of stuff before and during then, honestly ever since I saw this game originally at E3 2014. I feel like it's an ok game, it doesn't look like it's a GOTY but it certainly deserves some sort of award, I know I'm taking a risk but we'll just have to see how much more content is in when I'll buy it.

You people rush out to buy call of duty or the next Bethesda game only to get disappointed.

nah, i don't buy into game hype

tbh tony is the last person I'd expected to buy into the no man's multiplayer stuffshow

lol good luck finding any players

tbh tony is the last person I'd expected to buy into the no man's multiplayer stuffshow
this