I'm creating a Harvest planet on No Man's Sky.

Author Topic: I'm creating a Harvest planet on No Man's Sky.  (Read 5830 times)

You're trying too hard to not look like you're in denial about your buyers remorse.

Lol, I got it as a gift because I'm Lord Tony.

I don't get buyers remorse anyways.

You don't hate the game because you perceive it as "repetitive". You hate the game because you're not a fan of the space exploration genre. No Man's Sky is currently the absolute apogee of this embryonic genre. There are people who would spend countless hours just loving around looking at empty planets on Space Engine, now they get to play an actual game about it.
You make some good points--but the major problem is that Space Engine didn't cost $60, and it was marketed as exactly what it is. No Mans Sky was marketed as a combat-survival exploration game with wildly different worlds, and instead we get a dull resource collection grinding game with mildly different worlds.

gameplay > graphics.

I don't give a forget about the graphics as long as I can explore entire planets.
I agree; Dwarf fortress 2 is literally just letters/ascii characters but it can generate entire cultures and worlds with life in it, and is still getting more and more interesting with each update.

You make some good points--but the major problem is that Space Engine didn't cost $60, and it was marketed as exactly what it is. No Mans Sky was marketed as a combat-survival exploration game with wildly different worlds, and instead we get a dull resource collection grinding game with mildly different worlds.

there's actually more variety in "worlds" in minecraft now that i think about it lol

Especially if you mod it. Exploration in Terrafirmacraft is insanely rewarding.

I agree; Dwarf fortress 2 is literally just letters/ascii characters but it can generate entire cultures and worlds with life in it, and is still getting more and more interesting with each update.

Right, you don't need graphics to make a game great.

This concept was lost years ago.

Right, you don't need graphics to make a game great.

This concept was lost years ago.
Yeah, you need actually good content to make a game great.

Yeah, you need actually good content to make a game great.

Space exploration.

Space exploration.
Can it really be called exploration when everything is the same?

#exploreliketony

#bottombitch4tony

Especially if you mod it. Exploration in Terrafirmacraft is insanely rewarding.

To be fair, Terrafirmacraft has more well-thought out and developed gameplay conventions compared to NMS with an actual difficulty curve

Can it really be called exploration when everything is the same?

Not for me.

Too bad tony you are the only guy that can be with the harvest planet. And because you cant show your richard to everybody you decide to bait a lego forums by saying stuff like 30 FPS is fine and that the game was amazing with loads of diversity.

Too bad tony you are the only guy that can be with the harvest planet. And because you cant show your richard to everybody you decide to bait a lego forums by saying stuff like 30 FPS is fine and that the game was amazing with loads of diversity.
Tony doesn't just decide to bait, it's just kind of his default state