Author Topic: APB: Reloaded Megathread  (Read 7635 times)

JOIN THE DISCORD!

Stand-alone Website
Steam Link
Xbox One Store Link

ABOUT - FACTIONS - GUNS & VEHICLES - PHOTOS - PLAYERS

WHAT IS APB: RELOADED?

Absolute garbage. APB: Reloaded (originally called APB: All Points Bulletin) is a pathetic, abysmal excuse for an Online Third-Person Shooter. APB was first started back in 2005 by the chuckleforgets at Realtime Worlds, the same cunts who also made Crackdown, a game that people only bought for the Halo 3 Beta. After years of wanking over their keyboards, lying about the release date to the fans, they finally shipped the game to the PC in 2010 with a ridiculous excuse for a subscription service. With the cost of development at roughly $100 Million, Realtime Worlds was hilariously shut down within only 3 months of launching, leaving the game deader than Riddler at the end of WWII.

Everybody was relieved; a stuffty game was no longer on shelves...until the forgetwits at #gamersfirst (owned by Reloaded Productions, hence the name) decided that their balls were bigger than the mountains and decided to relaunch the forgeter, this time as a Free2Play (and Pay2Win, don't forget that bit) game available either for Direct Download or through Steam, where it doesn't belong. Since then, the developers have continually promised an engine update which they've never delivered on (and never will), and spend the development time and resources instead porting the game to Xbox One and PS4 so as to infect the console twats with the same virus that we've struggled with years.

APB: Reloaded is a poor, pale example of the game it's trying to represent; there are two loving handicapped factions which offer you the ability to rent parts and weapons for a time-limited period provided that you pledge your allegiance to the various cunts that make up the four teams. The players are garbage, the servers are rubbish, and WHY THE forget ARE VEHICLES SERVER-SIDED?!

Aside from ranking up via exp collected by working for the various faction members, you can also gain Prestige/Notoriety (Between Level 1 - 5) for making kills; being P/N5 will point you out to every player on the server and, even if not playing on a PvP server, everybody will be allowed to royally forget your day up. There's also Threat Levels between Bronze, Silver and Gold, which are determined by your overall ability and stats and will determine which servers you're allowed to join. Generally, Golds are not allowed to enter Bronze-level servers, which is a loving pain in the arse if your friend is really loving good and has to dethreat by playing like stuff in order to join you.

To get extra EXP and money from kills and mission objectives, you can purchase (or win) Premium Gametime, which #gamersfirst weirdly hands out like candy from a paedophile to his potential targets. You can gain Premo, as well as free guns/vehicles, by completing in-game events, which will be displayed when you launch APB: Reloaded via Steam or check the Events page on the ARMAS Marketplace (you must be logged in for the link to work).

WHAT ARE THE FACTIONS?

APB: Reloaded has two factions, and both factions have different "teams" because the developers are loving bizarre. Literally, the two-team thing literally means nothing except that you have double the amount of characters you have to pledge and progress through to unlock all the cool stuff, because WE WANT YOUR loving MONEY.

CRIMINALS - G-Kings vs. Blood Roses

The Criminals, also known as pusillanimous individual mode, typically SHOUTOUT TO ACORNCAKE have an easier life in the game and make the mad stacks faster. Because their faction is made up of handicapped morons who aren't too sure how to use a pistol and a bunch of Gold Hackers with Medusas and Rocket Launchers, if you yourself are a stain on society, you'll find yourself fitting in very well.

ENFORCERS - Prentiss Tigers vs. Praetorians

If you're coming into the game to make money or a good reputation for yourself and you choose Enforcer, you've made a big mistake. Looking past all the flashing police lights and the fact that Enforcers have decent people onside, the game is outright obstructive to the Enforcer players (there's no equivalent for ram-raiding and Enforcers have a smaller player count), so only play as an Enforcer is you have a richard the size of a horse and you want to shove into as much criminal arse as possible.

PROGRESSION CHART

To guide you a little bit; this is how the different contacts unlock. By using the links to the database above (the faction names), you can check what each contact unlocks for you and how my EXP exactly you need.

To those who have completely finished all the contacts without using premo, this is a sincere forget you. I dunno how you did it, but you are a seriously crazy motherforgeter.

WHAT ARE SOME OF THE THINGS I CAN PLAY WITH?

Your richard.

Here's just a sample of some of the things that cheaters and forgetwits will likely kill you with over and over and over again. This includes me.

WEAPONS

I'm not going to bother explaining these weapons. I'm just going to say that in order to purchase them, it'll cost you an arm and a leg and you'll probably end up quitting long before you get a taste of these things. At least, you should quit in order to prevent sanity leakage.

VEHICLES

Rather than link a bunch of images, I'll simply set you up with a guide to the vehicle system inside of APB: Reloaded so you can see just how ridiculous the entire thing is.

As a reminder, vehicles are server-sided; that means all of your movement commands have to reach the server first before you turn, which means that driving a car in APB: Reloaded is a bit like handling a slippery rooster.

Here's an example of vehicle customisation for the curious:

ANYTHING ELSE?

WHO IS MENTALLY CHALLENGED ENOUGH TO PLAY THIS GAME?

Forum User - Threat Level - Character Name - Faction - Server
McJobSILVERLiquidSniperEnforcerJericho
McJoblessCriminalJericho
AyxrionGOLDLauriusEnforcerJericho
AyxrionCriminalJericho
SteveJenkinsSILVERSarahJenkinsEnforcerJericho
darkstar999CriminalCitadel
AheadBRONZEAheadEnforcerJericho
ShadowsfeaRSILVERVigilSerusEnforcerJericho
GatyshSILVERGatyshCriminalJericho

May your souls rest in peace.

I'll come back and edit OP with locations later.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 05:49:27 PM by McJob »

the concept art is 100 times cooler than the game

the concept art is 100 times cooler than the game

True. There are a lot of flaws in the game. It really isn't that fantastic, but it has its charm. Its a forgetton of fun to play with friends.

Jericho, Enforcer, usually Silver, sometimes Gold, VigilSerus

I played the game last summer with some friends, and we had a blast playing it. There was a lot of problems but we enjoyed our time on it. Honestly my favorite part of playing this game had to be when me and my friends all made our characters obese cops and went on a rampage on all of the civilian npcs.

My friend and I used to play APB:R regularly,

the community is basically artists and autists. half the community are tryhards with 2k+ hours and de-rank to stomp on lower ranked and newer players.
the other half are the people who sit in the social district all day, creating symbols for others or talking to people.

also the devs has been telling us for the past 5 years that PC was going to get an engine update, but still is "in the works." but console users get the new engine the day it comes out on console -_______-

The game is very fun when you have friends to play with, though.
Criminal: R88 Gold - Ayxrion
Enforcer: R23(?) Gold - Laurius
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 06:52:55 PM by Ayxrion »

There, player-list should look a little better and it's now at the end. I'll add an index and some other stuff soon.

I used to play this game. Have some fond memories of loading up a white van with friends and taking over a district.

I remember playing this for only 8 hours, then I just stopped because everything about the game just pissed me off

the best part about this game is creating a personal pusillanimous individual wagon and riding around with your friends, ramming stuff and evading the popo

I tried several years ago to get into APB, but it was too glitchy and I always had connection issues.

Shame, cause I enjoyed Fallen Earth a lot (by the same publishers, maybe developers?), despite also being glitch/unpolished. But I always get another, albeit unique connection issue with that too.

I really wanted the Patriot V20 Jericho, but I didn't stay on the grind long enough to eventually earn it.

I used to play this game 5 years ago. Is it still alive and well? Is it even worth getting back into the game?

I really wanted the Patriot V20 Jericho, but I didn't stay on the grind long enough to eventually earn it.
Yeah, it requires you to Rank 10 with Akiko X (121,500EXP just with her alone) and then $40,000.