Poll

How's This Build?

Good
Decent
Garbage
Drink Bleach
It's good but It could it use a little more work
Bring The Server Back!

Author Topic: Land's Island Fort Wars! *Closed For Now*  (Read 1579 times)

Description:
There are 3 public islands, each one is a different size. You can build on these of course but you gotta watch for other players as you are easy target for them! My Friend(D-Funct) and I(Land) built this because I missed the Google Glass old Island Fort Wars, as I'm sure quite a bit of other people did to. I've built this because I want people to have fun doing what they do best! Building and Killing! I Plan On Bringing An Update Every 2-3 Weeks maybe less!
Here's a little description of each Public Island
   +Desert-Flat Barren wasteland with a few hills. You will encounter some Mean Green Cacti.
   +Forest-A Lush(not really) Island with some Tree's every now and then. There is a nice Lake which drains into the stream and down the Waterfall, There's also a Abandoned Log Cabin
   +Mountain-A small Island with a Massive Snow-Caped Mountain in the middle, Rumor has it that the Mountain has a secret entrance to inside of it.

Starter Islands:

Desert:

Forest:

Mountain:

Rules:
  • 1.No Spammy Builds or Glitched Ones
  • 2.Don't Spam Caps, or link or whatever, Just don't spam period
  • 3."Try" To Respect Other Players
  • 4. I'm cracking down on Admin Abuse, So if you see it, Screenshot it, and email it to me via my website
  • 5. Don't Spawn Kill
  • 6. "Try" not kill builders, It's frowned upon
  • 7. Have Fun

Apply For Moderator:
Please PM me in this format to apply for mod
    Name:
    BL_ID:
    Experience:
    Who Recommends You?:
    Why should I choose you?:

Map Credits:
D-Funct(22578)-Helped with the Islands
Land(28543)-Main Idea,Host, Helped with the Islands
*I'm adding 3 more public islands soon, If you like to help please PM me!*
Due, Personal Reasons I will Have To Close The Server For Quite Some Time. When I reopen I plan on bringing 3 new islands, and much more. The Reason I'm closing is because I have school starting as well as having constant server crashes(as well as some other personal reasons no one else needs to know about), I cancelled my Dedicated Service. Sorry for the Inconvenience you guys :( I will become dedicated again when I feel like hosting again(which may be a while) I WILL HOST AGAIN! DO NOT WORRY. When I host again It Will BE Completely UPDATED!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 06:59:29 PM by Land »

Looks good but...
Why fort wars?

Looks good but...
Why fort wars?
To be honest, I noticed a long time ago, a lot of people used to play Island Fort Wars, then it died down, I thought about trying to bring it back and so that's what I'm trying to do.

You should make snow islands, also I would reccomend using zonebricks and having the islands at a high elevation and you could make caves in the islands.

You should make snow islands, also I would reccomend using zonebricks and having the islands at a high elevation and you could make caves in the islands.
Thanks man for the inmput, I plan on added 3 more island to the map

One thing I found surprisingly enjoyable when experimenting with large scale ModTer terrain projects was making basins and cliffs (the two make a very neat contrast when put next to each other) though I'm not sure how such would turn out with islands, as I mainly create vast in-land scenarios rather than individual masses of land. It might spice things up a little, you never know.

EDIT: Actually, Gibraltar is a real example of a semi-separate land mass that gets away with most of it consisting of a cliff or two (arguably, a mountain) yet is balanced with a good series of lower plateaus.  The British Empire had a good old time fortifying it, so it might be fun to copy.

Very nice server, I look forward to further updates.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 12:07:48 PM by C-Zech Chrome Ind. »

I like how you diversified the islands.

One thing I found surprisingly enjoyable when experimenting with large scale ModTer terrain projects was making basins and cliffs (the two make a very neat contrast when put next to each other) though I'm not sure how such would turn out with islands, as I mainly create vast in-land scenarios rather than individual masses of land. It might spice things up a little, you never know.

EDIT: Actually, Gibraltar is a real example of a semi-separate land mass that gets away with most of it consisting of a cliff or two (arguably, a mountain) yet is balanced with a good series of lower plateaus.  The British Empire had a good old time fortifying it, so it might be fun to copy.

Very nice server, I look forward to further updates.
Thank you! Unfortanly BlockNet is being troublesome and forcing my server to crash, and my auto saver wont work, Any suggestions regarding the Auto Saver?

Nice job land, looks really cool!

Looks good, man!
Also who voted for "Drink bleach" and "garbage"

I like the server alot,has gr8 and perfect addons.But eh you should fix those crashing problems.

I like the server alot,has gr8 and perfect addons.But eh you should fix those crashing problems.
When I reopen I plan to, as well as completly update the whole map and fix those OP weapons

Thank you! Unfortanly BlockNet is being troublesome and forcing my server to crash, and my auto saver wont work, Any suggestions regarding the Auto Saver?

I'm afraid I don't know all that much about BlockNet or auto servers.  You could make a thread asking for help on this matter, I recall people having this problem before.