Routine Mafia Madness - Opening Again Soon

Author Topic: Routine Mafia Madness - Opening Again Soon  (Read 6841 times)

That's good to know. I had to leave the server open the other night because I didn't know the password.

That's good to know. I had to leave the server open the other night because I didn't know the password.
Yeah, it was becoming a big issue. This won't kick, but since MM requires an admin to start it people just leave after about 5 minutes.

If you guys are still accepting for admins:

Blockland ID

Username

Køtt

Previous moderation experience?

I've temporarily hosted my own non-dedicated Mafia Madness.

I was also administrator to one of your servers before.

Why should I accept you?

I believe you should accept me because I have as much experience as the rest of the staff team and/or regulars in most mafia madness servers, and I have a desire in enforcing the rules for the sake of my loyalty to the game and the host. However, I want to share this knowledge I have about Mafia Madness and help newcomers and other people on how this game works. Mafia Madness can sometimes be complex, and I want to guide people into what the basics are.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 01:16:34 PM by Timestamp »

« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 08:54:57 PM by rggbnnnnn »

if youre taking role suggestions i'll give my two stuffs

there were a lot of complaints about claim or die today because it was too powerful a strategy against the antags, and it clearly is in certain gamemodes. in traditional mafia madness where most of the town was innocent finding the antags via claim or die only outed the two or three power roles and didn't do much else, but in the newer gamemodes with a stuffton of roles almost everyone becomes a power role to counter the threat of an increased antagonist count divided among the mafia and cult. claim or die becomes obscenely powerful as the amount of players sharing a role diminishes heavily, easily allowing the town to figure out who is and isnt fakeclaiming. whats worse is the maf cult system is a joke as both groups tend to kill each other before ever accomplishing anything. the multirole modes are extremely popular and easily the most played modes currently so this sort of town dominance stuff is perpetual.

to fix this i am propsing the infiltrator (name wip)
-can read and speak in cult and godfather chat to serve as a two way communicator between the cult and maf
-im not sure what it would be aligned to but its antag obviously

infiltrator would be some sort of mafia cult hybrid whose true alignment would hopefully be a source of intrigue but im not sure how his alignment would work out as of yet. the role would fill the vital niche while only costing one role slot, a niche that is essential for dual antags to win against a competent town. it would still leave plenty of room for intrigue as the maf and cult are still directly competing with each other and the only connection between the groups is one guy who might not even be on their side. as for when it appears and whatever it obviously would only show with multiantags and large enough playercounts where it could kick out an unimportant antag or town role.

possible ways inf alignment would work

-random swapping every day/night
-fixed swapping every day/night
-double alignment with the cult and maf (boring and probably op)
-alignment picking at start
-alignment randomization at start
-temporary alignment picking where if his chosen crew doesnt win in a day/night he dies or becomes a vanilla cult/maf
-some other stuff i dont know

role name suggestions
-prowler
-hustler
-double agent

not sure who will code this by the way so volunteer if you want
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 08:12:36 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

to fix this i am propsing the infiltrator (name wip)
-can read and speak in cult and godfather chat to serve as a two way communicator between the groups
-im not sure what it would be aligned to

i think the alignment should be neutral

i'm not sure if there is a cultist role where you can hear godfather chat either (at least i forgot what it was called)

i think the alignment should be neutral

i'm not sure if there is a cultist role where you can hear godfather chat either (at least i forgot what it was called)
the problem with making it neutral is that if its neutral it has no obligation to help the cultists or the maf which is what its supposed to do

also the role i think youre talking about is heretic although i dont know if thats what it does either

its dum and ur dum
Don't mug me I'll add the original guns soon!

the problem with making it neutral is that if its neutral it has no obligation to help the cultists or the maf which is what its supposed to do

also the role i think youre talking about is heretic although i dont know if thats what it does either
heretic is cult equivalent of spy. i actually don't think i've ever seen it in a real game for some reason but it works in theory

also yeah i rly don't like claim or die which people who were on MMT a lot probably know, but i feel like there's no way to get rid of it as a powerful metagame strategy without overhauling the current game balance. i tried introducing reputation to instead manipulate the metagame (lol) but obviously that's a stupid idea in theory and in practice. it's defo an indication of some deeper design flaws that are too tricky for me to put my hands on. might as well just make a different gamemode at that point
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 09:53:30 PM by otto-san »

might as well just make a different gamemode at that point

mafia madness three when??

honestly mm3 built explicitly as a reaction to claim or die is hilarious

Update
  • Added Chaos Mode
  • Removed joke roles and Jester.

MM3 should be a polished original MM with no major gameplay changes.

I know we just started, but I'm actually helping with a different Mafia project and can't find time to host this during that period. We also can use the open server to work on a build. This will return in a week or two.