robbing a store

Author Topic: robbing a store  (Read 2805 times)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO1uYTdvkgA

Unfortunately the ambience this time isn't in-game, but I'm happy to say that everything that happens in the video is entirely done through script and is being developed for a very large game-mode. Extremely easy to set up, too.

I haven't been progressing on this as I wished I had because of panic attacks and such, but I think I'm doing a little better now.
Here's a list of changes and things that'll be added soon.

• Stores are now two triggers, one in front of the door and one behind the door. This is better than a baseplate because it works with pre-built buildings, and buildings with odd grids.
  • Stores now detect when there's multiple people inside of them so it won't shut the door on people when a single person leaves it. This was bad because the doors have no events.
  • Stores regen money after being robbed, at $100 every few seconds or so. At $1000, the door will re-open and the store will become rob-able, but the cash will keep growing. It caps at $5000.
  • Something I'm looking to add is the possibility of making it so stores only give robbers $10 per cash drop if the amount of police on the server isn't equal to the amount of criminals.

Police Baton
  • This was technically already done, but wasn't shown, so..
  • The baton is a cop-only weapon and cannot be thrown out of your inventory.
  • It will do 25 damage every time you hit a robber that's done something to warrant them being "wanted" (orange name, caused by things like robbing stores).
  • If a robber is under 25hp, their name will become yellow. If you hit them under this state, they will disappear in a poof of smoke similar to when a body disappears ingame, just with a different, comical sound.
  • The robber will respawn inside of a jail and cannot Self Delete while inside of it. A timer will pop up and tell them how long they have. The time is always the same, and is customizable inside the Slayer menu. I'm thinking of keeping it at a minute.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 10:18:17 AM by Arekan »

whys everyone disliking this, it's not bad
i thought the animations and little things were a very nice touch

whys everyone disliking this, it's not bad
i thought the animations and little things were a very nice touch
Definitely makes me not want to continue working on the game-mode. It was going to be after APB Reloaded, where you can pick to be a cop or a criminal, and there's plenty of things you can do in an open city to make bank and purchase different weapons and upgrades and such.

This was just robbing a store, which can be set up using just a handful of specific bricks in any building, and all of which only works for the criminal team. The bot'll know when you take a gun out, or if you run in with one.. all that fun stuff.

All this coding for nuffin' :(

don't give up, please. this looks great in my opinion
i really don't know why this has so many dislikes, there's no reason to dislike this

Don't give up because of some silly dislike bots
This is too awesome to die

Ignore the dislikes and keep working on it please, I don't see any problems.

I don't understand why there's a few dislikes. Your videos are audible goldmines.

There are handicaps that lurk these forums specifically to downvote videos whenever someone shares them in the gallery, lol.

I haven't ever been hit by the disliking crusade before, so I dunno.
Either way, I guess I'll continue development.

At the moment, the 'store' itself is a baseplate brick, which is tricky to set up especially in buildings that aren't on an exact baseplate. I'm going to be spending time redoing the coding so the triggers for entering and exiting are two 1x4x5 bricks that are placed inside and outside right next to the door. This way you can have a building of any size.
These will be like zone bricks.

Done. The bricks now work using two entry/exit bricks in front and behind the doors. As far as I can tell, everything functions normally.

For anyone who might be wondering how this all works, all necessary bricks auto-name themselves as you're placing them, similar to how teledoors work. That way, they're all connected. From there, the entry trigger does a bunch of fancy stuff, and I've packaged the function for taking an item out to check if you're a criminal, and if you're in a store. If yes, it tells the store to initiate the robbing process. Same if you simply walk in with a gun.

Also for those who might have noticed, money drops make a *bip* noise that gets higher pitched the more you consecutively pick up within a second.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 10:00:41 AM by Arekan »

Notice nobody is voicing why they dislike it. All the dislikes are either bots or scrubs. This is nice man. Do keep working on it. Looks like it plays nice and smooth.

the ten dislikes are from the bot that got robbed

I haven't been progressing on this as I wished I had because of panic attacks and such, but I think I'm doing a little better now.
Here's a list of changes and things that'll be added soon.

• Stores are now two triggers, one in front of the door and one behind the door. This is better than a baseplate because it works with pre-built buildings, and buildings with odd grids.
  • Stores now detect when there's multiple people inside of them so it won't shut the door on people when a single person leaves it. This was bad because the doors have no events.
  • Stores regen money after being robbed, at $100 every few seconds or so. At $1000, the door will re-open and the store will become rob-able, but the cash will keep growing. It caps at $5000.
  • Something I'm looking to add is the possibility of making it so stores only give robbers $10 per cash drop if the amount of police on the server isn't equal to the amount of criminals.

Police Baton
  • This was technically already done, but wasn't shown, so..
  • The baton is a cop-only weapon and cannot be thrown out of your inventory.
  • It will do 25 damage every time you hit a robber that's done something to warrant them being "wanted" (orange name, caused by things like robbing stores).
  • If a robber is under 25hp, their name will become yellow. If you hit them under this state, they will disappear in a poof of smoke similar to when a body disappears ingame, just with a different, comical sound.
  • The robber will respawn inside of a jail and cannot Self Delete while inside of it. A timer will pop up and tell them how long they have. The time is always the same, and is customizable inside the Slayer menu. I'm thinking of keeping it at a minute.

panic attacks
you good, man? Something troubling you?

This is great quality, and I genuinely chuckled when the bot freaked out.

Can't wait to see this in action.