Weird IP issues lately?

Author Topic: Weird IP issues lately?  (Read 1782 times)

happened to me recently too, getting unknown ip

Maybe IPv6???
I don't know very much about IPv6 though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So now everyone is recognizing it and is done with the stuffty too much posting jokes?

Let's see if the unknown bug has infected me too.

Nope.

Does the error reach to me?

Yep

This appears to be affecting me as well.

yeah im getting this, is everyone here running the newest windows 10 build? i think i might know whats causing it
How would your Operating System have any relation to a text element on a webpage? SMF pulls your IP from your User Agent data when you submit a post, which is not generated by the Operating System itself but by your browser instead. The UA data is always accurate; this is an issue to do with the forums itself.

Anyway, my IP is working just fine.

Badspot

• Administrator
I don't know why this started happening suddenly but it seems to be ipv6 related.  I have definitely used the forum on ipv6 before and it worked (truncated the ip), but now it doesn't.  I cut out a bunch of handicapped code from smf and now ipv6 works.  It's possible I've destroyed everything.  If everything is hackable or whatever just message/email me.

Making old things ipv6 compatible is such a pain. At least this works now.

awesomesauce

wait uh is the ip supposed to be way longer than it was before because that's happening to me

wait uh is the ip supposed to be way longer than it was before because that's happening to me
Yes

The IP addresses you're used to seeing are IPv4 addresses, which will someday(?) be fully phased out because of scarcity.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 04:02:54 AM by Pecon »