Recommended Laptops?

Author Topic: Recommended Laptops?  (Read 566 times)

Hey team.

I haven't posted in quite a while, just been lurking about, but I am needing some help.  I figured that I've seen quite a few of you with a lot of technical prowess so.. no better place to come. besides like.. consumer reports idk

I am in need of a laptop.  I'll be going back to college after serving a religious mission for a couple years, and the laptop that I was using prior to that is no longer available.  Ideally I would like to not only get something that can run basic functions that I'll need for school, but also able to handle most games.  What do you people recommend, and why?  Links are also appreciated.

Thanks for the help!

Edit: From some research I've been doing, I've been looking at this.  What are your thoughts?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 07:03:10 PM by SirLancelot7 »

The one you linked seems to be perfectly fine tbh

I'm gonna figure out my price range.  If that one is in it, I think I will go with it.

If it isn't in my price range.. I will come back with that info and see.

Edit:  Price range is looking more along the lines of 500-700$.. What are recommendations in that range?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 07:19:43 PM by SirLancelot7 »

Double post:

So I am looking into this bad boy here.  Thoughts?

Dont look at lenovo yogas, they look nice and are reasonably priced, but they lag and are full of strange hardware issues.

I have the Lenovo Y50, which is basically a newer generation of the laptop you're looking at. Might cost a few hundred more but it's totally worth it. Slim, lightweight, and a powerhouse. Everything a college student desires in a PC.

Double post:

So I am looking into this bad boy here.  Thoughts?
Looks good, especially for the price.

Alright, it brings up this next question.. My parents are willing to bum me about 600ish dollars for a laptop for college.  So t question is it better to get the Acer laptop that I linked above, or kick in my own 300ish dollars to splurge for the Lenovo linked in the op?

Ninja:  I don't do super intense gaming,  but I would like to have the capabilities to run, say, Blockland on at least medium settings.  And I mean everyone wants a faster and better computer, am I right?