The Deal: Revisited [History Repeats Itself]

Poll

Next multiplayer thread?

BLF First Response (Tackle various police missions like drug busts, hostage situations, etc)
9 (75%)
BLF Crime (Do missions like raiding enemy gangs, assassinating people, etc)
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: The Deal: Revisited [History Repeats Itself]  (Read 66074 times)

Force the robot to commit Self Delete due to complex robot paradoxes.

"This statement is false."

I have an idea for a forum game (if you have decided already) The deal: Fantasy/Space basically like the deal: revisited, but with multiplayer and magic/science

> ASK FOR AN ASSISTED Self Delete BECAUSE WE CAN'T CYCLE ANYMORE™

"NEGATIVE." The male lovebot replies. "NOT UNTIL YOUR GRANDFATHER IS ASSIMILATED. YOU WILL SEE AND YOU WILL DESPAIR. SUPREME OVERLORD GLORIA THE GLORIOUS WANTS TO RUB IT IN YOUR FACE BEFORE SHE KILLS YOU." The lovebot walks away.

> "THIS STATEMENT IS FALSE"

You unleash a complex robot paradox. The lovebot laughs and shrugs off the paradox, amused at your attempt to kill it with logic.

> ASK FOR SOME LOTION

The lovebot walks back into view and tosses you some lotion. "I BELIEVE THIS IS WHAT YOU HUMANS CALL 'One Last Fap Before I Die.' PERMISSION GRANTED." The robot walks off again.

> SLIP OUT OF THE BARS BY USING THE LOTION

You squeeze through the cell bars. Looks like Grandpa wasn't bullstuffting after all! You're in a dark hallway now. The male lovebot has his back turned to you, and is walking away. There are a bunch of other cells in the hallway. You hear more screaming from the south.

> _

Your inventory is empty.

You are wearing boxers.

You are healthy. You have a literal split personality that exists because you were shot in the head. Or something. You have lost the ability to due the Cycle.

CYCLE™
""

>

[/quote]
I have an idea for a forum game (if you have decided already) The deal: Fantasy/Space basically like the deal: revisited, but with multiplayer and magic/science
Not sure if I can even go through with a multiplayer forum game anymore, though. Forum Games has been declining for a while (Sure, theres finally an influx of new threads that aren't Off Topic spam, but they never last more than a week or two before the OP stops giving a stuff and lets the thread die), and so has my enthusiasm and motivation. Every single thread I've done after BLOODLUST has been a failure one way or another. MindHive started out great but gradually got worse (and a bit rushed) towards the end as I found it harder to give a damn due to school and life in general interfering, Maximus Gran was a failed attempt to do a serious thread with Max Payne influences that died due to a lack of replies, Quest to Save Kompressor focused too much on numbers and stats and was killed off because of school starting and not being fun to do, the original The Deal died due to lack of motivation and some other stuff I can't remember, HIGH ROLLERS was too time-consuming and mind-numbingly boring to update (And it didn't have the same charming writing as Cybertail's BLOCKADE BLASTERS), and whatever other thread that came after BLOODLUST that I forgot to put in here simply wasn't fun or too time consuming. I remember having fun updating BLOODLUST and not caring how long it takes to update, even when it took hours. After BLOODLUST, it felt like a constant case of "Having the ideas and motivation to do stuff, but not the ability to execute it properly and get the desired results even with some planning done before actually posting the thread"

Theres a whole lot more to explain about all of this, but I can't remember worth a damn, I'm generally stuffty at explaining stuff in both the real world and online (even when theres no eye contact involved), it's 11 PM, and my current situation is a bit stressful due to life-related stuff. A multiplayer forum game would most likely take time to update that I don't have, and even text-only threads like The Deal still take at least half an hour or so to update.

Things might improve by the time spring break or summer vacation rolls around, though.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 11:22:49 AM by tber123 »

waddle over to the screaming while breaking the anti-cycle™ medicine

waddle over to the screaming while breaking the anti-cycle™ medicine

Sorry, but history is going to have to repeat itself. Going to have to stop working on this just like the original The Deal thread, and go on a hiatus. Can't find the motivation anymore, and I've been getting increasingly less active on Forum Games. I'm done with Forum Games for now. I'd hate to just leave the plot hanging, however, so here's what I had planned. It's not exactly "polished" and probably doesn't make any sense at all, but I've run out of forgets to give:

John McClass discovers that he's trapped on the massive floating fortress the lovebots have. He discovers that Gloria the Glorious is turning both his boss and his grandpa into lovebots. Grandpa is able to partially resist the brainwashing and fight it off, but McClass's boss is unable to do so. A fight ensues with McClass's grandfather alternating between helping him (which happens when he temporarily resists the brainwashing) and trying to kill him (when he can't resist the brainwashing), and the boss dies, taking John McClass's job along with him.

While McClass briefly despairs over not having a job anymore, Gloria the Glorious grabs McClass's grandfather and calls forth Robo-Blue Meanie, Uncle Jay, Robo-McClass, and an entire swarm of lovebots before retreating to continue the brainwashing process. An epic battle rages on, resulting in the deaths of Uncle Jay, Robo-McClass, and all of the lovebots accompanying them. Blue Meanie escapes. McClass catches up to Gloria and his grandfather after the battle is over, and McClass is forced to fight his grandfather, who's been brainwashed for the second time. After taking enough of a beating, McClass's grandfather snaps out of it and fights Gloria along with his grandson. During the fight, McClass's grandfather is severely injured while shielding McClass from one of Gloria the Glorious's hideously overpowered attacks.

Gloria the Glorious retreats deeper into her floating fortress to be repaired, and McClass's grandfather is left behind for his own safety. McClass catches up with Gloria the Glorious again and eventually blasts the stuff out of her. In her last dying moments, Gloria the Glorious initiates a self-destruct sequence. McClass quickly looks around for his grandfather but is unable to find him anywhere, and escapes alone. Suddenly, McClass's grandfather shows up again alive and well... But some things are off about him. The discrepancies continue adding up until McClass confronts his own grandfather. Grandpa reveals that he's just a hallucination, and that McClass has been in deep, deep denial over his death after Gloria the Glorious killed him.

Blue Meanie shows up one last time for a duel. McClass kills him. Finally, it is all over. The lovebot revolution has been stopped, but at what cost? Every important character in the thread has been killed off.

TL:DR Everyone (Grandpa included) except John McClass loving dies.

There are a bunch of things that I never got to do with this thread, either. Unfortunately, I never really bothered to write them down, so I've forgotten most of them. Here's what I can remember that didn't make it into the thread:

• John McClass visiting Space Station 13 to deliver a nuclear authentication disc. The station is thrown into chaos when a bunch of traitors start a revolution, and McClass's boss is killed off. John McClass takes over as the new boss of the company. I think this was supposed to be how the thread was originally going to end before the whole "lovebot revolution" thing.
  • An encounter with a fellow surviving employee of the company McClass works for.
  • Blue Meanie trying to get revenge on John McClass by travelling back in time to kill his grandfather. John McClass grabs onto Blue Meanie's time machine right before he can activate it and fights Blue Meanie. The time machine is accidentally destroyed in the fight, trapping John McClass in the past. To make things worse, a younger version of McClass's grandfather was caught in the crossfire and killed. This time paradox causes a chain of events that result in McClass accidentally becoming his own grandfather, and history is doomed to repeat itself forever.

eat the repeated history

DAMN I WAS SO CLOSE.
I originaly thought how mclass died in the first mission, when the boss got shot by the sniper, the sniper HIT mclass in the head causing him to hallucinate.
But... This will not end... I THE GREAT CROMARTINI will make Mclass live, ETERNALY. And by that i mean to post his adventures on 4chan. Which board ? i dont know...

by that i mean to post his adventures on 4chan. Which board ? i dont know...
/vg/ is your best bet.

DAMN I WAS SO CLOSE.
I originaly thought how mclass died in the first mission, when the boss got shot by the sniper, the sniper HIT mclass in the head causing him to hallucinate.
But... This will not end... I THE GREAT CROMARTINI will make Mclass live, ETERNALY. And by that i mean to post his adventures on 4chan. Which board ? i dont know...

What about BLOODLUST? That seems more deserving of getting posted on 4chan and probably making it onto 1d4chan as an awesome story, like the tale of Old Man Henderson.

What about BLOODLUST? That seems more deserving of getting posted on 4chan and probably making it onto 1d4chan as an awesome story, like the tale of Old Man Henderson.
Slanesh favours the forgeted up ones like mclass. also i might post a rework for wh40k on the alfa legion forums.