Author Topic: Some weird stuff playing in the background of my computer  (Read 637 times)

So since last night while I was playing on Mr. Queeba's MinimalMods server, I've been hearing what sounded like a cash register sound.
This morning I've noticed I heard it again, and decided to check my volume mixer, amazingly nothing is playing sound yet my speakers showed it up.

I've decided to record it with audacity and amazed to what it sounds like.
Regular version (Quiet as hell)
Amplified version (May be loud)
Any idea as to what this might be? It sounds like the intro of some game.
I'm fixing to do a virus scan since I've yet to figure out the source of this.

just try rebooting, that should determine if its a virus or not
if its still there keep troubleshooting

just try rebooting, that should determine if its a virus or not
if its still there keep troubleshooting
I probably will in a moment.
I did figure out muting steam mutes the music, though if it is a virus it could've infected steam's process.

Steam music is probably on playing a sound over and over, that happened to me a few times when I was listening to a music on it while playing a game, and to turn it off I had to open the music menu, or else it won't show up anywhere else

Steam music is probably on playing a sound over and over, that happened to me a few times when I was listening to a music on it while playing a game, and to turn it off I had to open the music menu, or else it won't show up anywhere else
That's exactly what was happening.
It was just such a weird combination of sounds and was at such a low volume it freaked me out.
Well I guess case closed.