Author Topic: Is there a way to use add-ons installed from other servers?  (Read 1181 times)

Such as poles, props, bricks, decals, etc. from servers where you got them? If anyone has an answer to this, please leave a reply. Thanks.

no, as far as i know there isn't. i would just ask the host what the add-ons are that you're interested and they may hook you up with a download to them

Short answer: No.
Long answer: You can download a program to go through your cache database and meticulously guess at each model/blb/etc. and then do that until you get the right one.

Also, decals are client sided.

is music still downloaded to the client and then usable?
not sure if that changed or not

is music still downloaded to the client and then usable?
not sure if that changed or not
It is, also bricks I don't believe are stored in the cache or at least I don't remember seeing them in there.
Additionally, you'd have to re-code the model, since the script for it is not sent to the client.
You can get all of the datablock information however.

also bricks I don't believe are stored in the cache or at least I don't remember seeing them in there.
They are. I once stole a couple private bricks from Pecon through the cache database just to see if I could do it(I didn't do anything with them and he released them later anyways).

Short answer: No.
Long answer: You can download a program to go through your cache database and meticulously guess at each model/blb/etc. and then do that until you get the right one.
You don't need a program. dumpCacheFiles(); is a default function.
Edit: Make sure you create a cache folder in your Blockland folder first, or else you're just gonna get a bunch of errors.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 12:51:13 PM by Shift Kitty »

There's a very intricate way to create a catalog of every add-on with full paths but the workflow I have now requires a DLL, 4 different programming languages and 5 steps. Not that I would release it since I'd rather not condone theft of materials.

You don't need a program. dumpCacheFiles(); is a default function.
Edit: Make sure you create a cache folder in your Blockland folder first, or else you're just gonna get a bunch of errors.
Oh cool. Didn't know about that.