Steam Controller Joystick support?

Author Topic: Steam Controller Joystick support?  (Read 1300 times)

Alright, so I actually have a very comfortable setup for my steam controller, but the only issue right now is the movement, since it's using default keybinds.
Does anyone know how to make proper joystick support for Steam Controller as a clientside mod? I know there's moveforward(0.5); or whatever functions but I'm not sure how to capture the specific input Steam Controller sends. Anyone have any ideas?

There's also this little snippet: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=228361.msg6481071#msg6481071 - might be useful

If someone does this I would reqest that you post the code, Because I would buy a steam controller for sure.

Map it to controller joysticks and then just read that

Map it to controller joysticks and then just read that

Yeah that's what I was thinking, but how would you make it work code-wise?

The movement functions take in float values. The joystick binding outputs float values. It'll pretty well work itself.

Alright so apparently the game won't recognize steam controller as a joystick
https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamController/comments/418gho/discussion_is_there_any_way_to_have_the_steam/?st=isgsnmfz&sh=8348ad98

Any way to get the input from steam controller's joystick?

I believe you have to run the game through Steam. It might not be supported though.

Got "enablejoystick();" to work, basically had to set steam's "desktop" config to "gamepad". Apparently SC is using xinput, which works with direct input games. Yay!

EDIT: Nevermind, enablejoystick(); works in main menu but it doesn't work when I'm in-game. I'm completely lost at this point.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 11:24:51 AM by Crystalwarrior »

If I had a steam controller, I'd help out more if I could.
But if you can get it to work on the main menu, it should be possible to get it working in game.
How doesn't it work in-game?

At main menu:
enableJoystick();
"DirectInput joystick enabled."
echo(isJoyStickDetected());

???