Author Topic: Server_Guilds - Persistent group teamchat  (Read 1399 times)

This is a mod I made on commission to someone. It's been about 11 months since it was commissioned, which I figure should be long enough for them to have capitalized off the uniqueness. I have a few more mods like this I'll be releasing soon.

This mod is basically a simple grouping system which allows everyone in a 'guild' to teamchat with each other. Guilds persist forever until they're disbanded by their leader. You just use the teamchat key ('Y') to talk in your guild. This would probably make a cool framework for a more specialized mod.

Note: This may interfere with other mods that use teamchat. It also overrides teamchat in minigames. Teamchat will work normally any time you're not in a guild. This mod may also have some other issues, please report any you find and I'll probably fix most of them.

Commands:
/createGuild [guild name] - Creates a new guild. Guild names can have up to three spaces in them and a maximum length of 20 characters.
/invite [player name] - Sends a guild invite to a player. Only the guild leader can do this.
/acceptInvite - Accept an invitation into a guild. Invitation automatically expires after 20 seconds.
/dismiss [player name] - Forces a player to leave the guild. Only the guild leader can do this.
/leaveGuild - Leaves your guild.
/promoteLeader [player name] - Makes the target player the new guild leader. Only the current guild leader can do this.
/disbandGuild - Disbands the entire guild. Only can be done by the leader.
/listGuildMembers - Lists the BL_ID's of everyone in the guild. Shows names for people who are currently logged in.

Ooo, nice.  I like that persistence, though.

Pecon really seems to know how to group all these add-ons in.