Mi-24V Attack Heli

Author Topic: Mi-24V Attack Heli  (Read 4176 times)

I recently decided to try my hand at modeling to try and fulfill a request someone just posted in the S&R board, here. So far I think it's going pretty well, especially for my first time really learning to use blender.

Pics of progress so far:

(the large missing chunk right under the roosterpits is where the gun turret will go)

I've tried to go for a more blocky look, meaning the heli as a whole is shorter and more stocky than the real thing and parts like the rocket pods and windows have more jagged edges. The rotors, landing gear, and interiors need to be done still, but I'm not in any hurry so that's not a big deal, they'll be done at some point.

Feedback on the model so far, constructive criticism, etc. would be greatly appreciated
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 12:24:01 AM by TrainandSpacelover »

Make it a lot smaller

yeah, i'm still working on this

slowly but surely making progress...
any tips or constructive criticism would be appreciated

tint the roosterpit a bit

tint the roosterpit a bit
yeah i'm planning on it. for now i'm just using the civilian heli glass texture and i havent made any changes

aww how'd u know my gender

really though this looks forgetin sick

Amazing, but if i could give an idea, maybe work on the mini-guns? They seem a bit "off" compared to the rest of the vehicle. I wouldn't mind if you just used the mini-gun weapon/ a modifyed version, just so it fits in with blockland's models.

Amazing, but if i could give an idea, maybe work on the mini-guns? They seem a bit "off" compared to the rest of the vehicle. I wouldn't mind if you just used the mini-gun weapon/ a modifyed version, just so it fits in with blockland's models.
they're rocket pods haha
https://youtu.be/vYwTGbSGTyI?t=2m49s

There will be a minigun below the gunner seat (front roosterpit)

rocket pods are gross they are supposed to be indented