Battlefield 1 {SINGLEPLAYER BAYBEE}

Poll

Now that the initial hype has passed, did you enjoy playing the beta?

Yes
21 (75%)
No
7 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Battlefield 1 {SINGLEPLAYER BAYBEE}  (Read 12329 times)

Don't know if the enemy team was just stuff (probably the case) but I just went 62ish/0 on a rush match in a heavy tank. I even hopped out and destroyed 2 objectives. I wish I got screenshots and I would have but the beta is so loving buggy it doesn't show the end game report for me at the end just a loading logo.

Edit: I also went from like rank 6 to 14 in that one match.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 01:03:43 AM by Cavik »

About a 50 minute download for me, it'll be interesting how my CPU keeps up with the game. My CPU is pretty stuff it bottlenecks the GPU in pretty much everything so yeah.

I dont get why people compare BF1 and verdun (or any other 'realistic' ww game) other than wanting to start an argument or just wanting to throw stuff

This isn't about realism. This is about authenticity. I want a battlefield game that plays like WW1. Where most of the guns are bolt action and most of the vehicles are stuff giving infantry a fighting chance. Not loving Battlefield 4 with a WW1 paint job

it clearly says battlefield in the title, which is why the gameplay is so different from other games and never was meant to be realistic

Again, not realism, authenticity. Which is what the newer battlefield games are SUPPOSE to be about. Battlefield 1942 was a good WW2 game. Why can't they make a good WW1 game?

think of comparing COD infinite warfare and no man's sky just because they are space themed and first person shooters (prob nms not rly), they are totally different games

Not even close. Have fun stroking DICE's rooster.

ONTOPIC: The tanks are WAAAY too overpowered. Got 60-3 in Rush when I wouldn't get nearly that much otherwise. Tanks weren't even used that much in WW1 since they were unreliable. (and they were never really used by the Turks, who I was playing as).
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 02:57:33 AM by beachbum111111 »

ONTOPIC: The tanks are WAAAY too overpowered. Got 60-3 in Rush when I wouldn't get nearly that much otherwise. Tanks weren't even used that much in WW1 since they were unreliable. (and they were never really used by the Turks, who I was playing as).
Yeah the canister shells are forgetin op.

tanks just need to be taken out of rush imo. its an infantry gamemode, tanks can just roll over to the coms and attack/defend so easily

do you legit want trench warfare? how boring do you think that would be?

Trench warfare in the Insurgency wwii mod is pretty badass.

i hate that i cant force revive anymore god damn it why do they have to request it i want to revive everyone even if they die a second later im bringing them back up goD DAM
you can revive everyone as long as they don't hold space when they die
you don't need to request revive to be revived

As a full time medic I haven't revived a single person in the hours I played it. Every time someone dies I stick them with a needle and nothing happens. ??????????????????

and guys, what's the point of gas grenades if everyone has a gas mask? Only takes half a second to put it on.

is anyone else having rubber banding issues?

The beta is almost unplayable with the constant lag spikes. Turned settings to min and no change.

all the lag spikes are probably from everyone and their mother playing the beta, and origin not really having the servers to support it lmao=

The beta is almost unplayable with the constant lag spikes. Turned settings to min and no change.

I've had a constant fps of 95-110 and not a single frozen frame or stutter. Have gotten two DirectX related crashes though.

It's sooo hard to get in to a game. The servers have either 0 or 64 players. If you enter the queue you'll get disconnected as soon as you start joining.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 07:00:27 AM by Steve5451² »

Just played a match, imo something feels really off, but I'm going to hold my all of my thoughts when the game comes out.

As a full time medic I haven't revived a single person in the hours I played it. Every time someone dies I stick them with a needle and nothing happens. ??????????????????
they are 99% likely to be holding space when they die thinking it will make them respawn quicker (it doesn't, you just have to wait the same amount of time in deployment menu and can't be revived)
i've revived probably a dozen people now and i play medic and scout

they are 99% likely to be holding space when they die thinking it will make them respawn quicker (it doesn't, you just have to wait the same amount of time in deployment menu and can't be revived)
i've revived probably a dozen people now and i play medic and scout

yeah as of today I'm able to revive people. Maybe they figured it out or I'm a dummy. I'm being a pretty badass medic actually, seems like I'm the only one that even considers dropping medkits for others.

PEOPLE STOP HOLDING SPACEBAR IM RIGHT HERE

I just played 5 matches, I'm ashamed of myself. I promised myself I would only play one so that it would feel more worth it waiting until the game came out. :^(