Poll

Now that the initial hype has passed, did you enjoy playing the beta?

Yes
21 (75%)
No
7 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Battlefield 1 {SINGLEPLAYER BAYBEE}  (Read 12288 times)

Yeah, had to save up the effort to make that rooster-stroking sleight, I understand completely.

I use Verdun as an example of how a WW1 game is done properly. just like how I use Battlefield 1942 as an example of a proper WW2 game.

And you were preaching to the forgetin choir. People are here for the battlefield, not for the world war one representation.

Yeah, had to save up the effort to make that rooster-stroking sleight, I understand completely.

The comparison he drew was to handicapped it didn't deserve a proper response. Why should I put effort into my response when he didn't put effort into a comparison that was even close to similar?

The comparison he drew was to handicapped it didn't deserve a proper response.

I see...

P much
Except hardline but I wouldnt even call that a battlefield game
that game was a loving joke lmao

Hardline should've been been released as an expansion pack imho. Regardless, that game was still pretty dang fun during the beta

I played a bit earlier on Xbox. It looks great, gave me a bit of a laugh, and bayonet charging someone from behind was funny.

Could've done with a tutorial to better explain some of the mechanics/items/vehicles, as well as spawning on the map.
Most offputting thing for me was that the Sinai map is massively huge and therefore tricky to get around quickly if everyone else beats you to the horses and vehicles.
Also, you seem to need to be really lucky to get a chance to fly a plane.

Also, you seem to need to be really lucky to get a chance to fly a plane.
You aren't missing out, planes in this game handle like farts smell.

You aren't missing out, planes in this game handle like farts smell.
I have seen a lot of people crash on what is a very large open map.
Only time I got in a plane my dad was playing, and he flew it immediately into the ground. Unsure if that was because of bad controls or just my dads usual lack of hand-eye coordination.

Jesus christ dice, you turned what I hoped would be a mostly infantry based game into the
Initiating Heavy Tank Mode
ur forgetin dead kiddo

Literally every game I spawn with heavy tank I go 30-60 kills to 0 deaths. I never loving die because tanks are op as stuff with weakass counters. I mean yeah you could bomb them with a bomber, except the fact you need a joystick to be able to drive one without dying 5 feet from spawn.
It's almost not fun how easy it is to win in a tank then at the end of the match see your stats read "K/D ratio: 38.0"

im assuming dice has some balancing to do before they release the full game

I have seen a lot of people crash on what is a very large open map.
Only time I got in a plane my dad was playing, and he flew it immediately into the ground. Unsure if that was because of bad controls or just my dads usual lack of hand-eye coordination.
Flight in this game is the wonkiest thing I have ever experienced, I don't know what exactly got screwed up but there's no way its current state is intended to be the final state.

Flight in this game is the wonkiest thing I have ever experienced, I don't know what exactly got screwed up but there's no way its current state is intended to be the final state.
It's pretty similar to how it was in previous titles. Basically if you want to fly planes/jets you have to have a joystick.

I could gunship just fine in 2142 with a mouse, and while the jets in 3 could have improved from a joystick, they were at least serviceable without one. These goofy forgetin' biplanes are just janky as stuff. Besides, "you need a joystick" is certainly not a point in the game's favor, tradition or not.

probably because it feels different in this game
heavier and slower, dunno

Jesus christ dice, you turned what I hoped would be a mostly infantry based game into the
Initiating Heavy Tank Mode
ur forgetin dead kiddo

Literally every game I spawn with heavy tank I go 30-60 kills to 0 deaths. I never loving die because tanks are op as stuff with weakass counters. I mean yeah you could bomb them with a bomber, except the fact you need a joystick to be able to drive one without dying 5 feet from spawn.
It's almost not fun how easy it is to win in a tank then at the end of the match see your stats read "K/D ratio: 38.0"

Took the words right out of my mouth. I was just about to post about this.

im assuming dice has some balancing to do before they release the full game

Tanks have always been OP as forget in battlefield games (at least recent ones), you always get killed by either something you can't see or something you can't kill. Thats why me and Cavik were hoping it would be more infantry based since tanks were garbage in WW1.

This game is the absolutely terrible.
Too bad they won't lose any money on this stuff pile

so,
does this mean this game IS gonna die out like hardline